Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

The difference is that Arsenal haven’t won anything else than this in the recent times, whereas us…

1 Like

I thought they won the FA Cup, that’s why they played yesterday.

Wasn’t that City, Arsenal qualifying for the charity shield as they finished league runners up?

1 Like

Nope, they came 2nd. City won the FA Cup.

3 Likes

Oh yeh, my mistake.

1 Like

Banter about the ‘Community Shield curse’ aside, that has to be a very, very encouraging display for Arteta. It has been a good long while since an Arsenal side displayed that determination to grind out results in the face of adversity. Could all go pear-shaped inside a week, but for now I think it is an impressive marker. Far more significance in Arsenal winning that way than Citeh losing.

1 Like

Not sure winning a penalty shootout is all that, especially as last season they did win several games late on. I expect (and hope) more teams will pack their defences against them next season and frustrate them - could easily see a few bad early results leading to them falling away.

It was the will to keep fighting into the 100th(!) minute to get the equalizer that is of more significance, especially because Citeh are quite capable of killing a game.

I do expect they will see some packed defences they did not last year, and will have to deal with a different kind of frustration. But that doesn’t take away from the surprising mentality they showed.

1 Like

Arteta at his press conference. His hairstyle seems more and more unnatural as years pass by… :sweat_smile:

1 Like

He’s legoman

Is it dyed…yeh or ney…

His face looks like it is getting older… his hair looks like it is getting younger…!

I really feel for him after our own experiences with injuries…

https://twitter.com/TheEuropeanLad/status/1691118814942154753?s=20

1 Like

WTF! He went down holding his calf.

Poor bastard

Every time I see Martin Ødegaard play I think that’s a missed opportunity, Herr Klopp …

3 Likes

Timbers knee injury worst than feared and hes going under the knife. Another rupture to a PL players knee in about 10 days.

https://twitter.com/JurrienTimber/status/1691816607788503473?t=xoshsxLyCFHlrb0ToU4zcw&s=19

1 Like

What’s the Carpet?

Whilst I’d never wish injury on any player, any athlete that dedicates themselves to a sport it’s not often I’d wish a rival player well, nevermind a young boy on their debut, but in Timber’s case I wish him a speedy recovery.

1 Like

His living room carpet?

If he is from Newcastle… think that last bit of the message was to his wife…
“Meet you at the Car, Pet” :0)