Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Keepers like Ramsdale , Pickford , De Gea make what look to be routine saves look incredibly tough by their initial positioning.

And again, their reflex saves from close range shots are used as evidence to prove how good a keepers they are both by pundits and their parrots.

Same goes for Onana btw.

Raya isn’t as guilty as the others mentioned above in terms of positioning but he’s still miles off from being someone to compare to the bench marks.

Ederson is brilliant in terms of distribution from the back but his keeping is average. He keeps the routine ones out with little fuss but doesn’t save the good shots (also helps that city’s style of play - possession and cynical fouls) ensures that he’s not needed to be in action often.

Cara: “Liverpool will not win the title with Mignolet in goal”
Keys: well how do you explain 2013? When he was in goal and they didn’t win the title?

Would keys even say that.

I don’t like carra’s punditry that much but Keys is shit.

Allison is head and shoulders above every keeper in the World in every department with one exeption, the ball at his feet, he is good but not Edersons good.

Wouldn’t swap him for any of the others even if $200m went our way

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1709320936170684893?t=k80x9nx3Ap_IbrkjTuqUHA&s=19

I think that this one’s on Arteta. Saka has been carrying an injury for a while, yet he never let him rest and heal properly. Man City are going to smash them without him and Martinelli.

1 Like

It’s kind of why I like Klopp’s safety first approach I know it can annoy us but.

Ponchettino is terrible for this at his time at spurs then again he had a million players now.

1 Like

After Torres was basically run into the ground I was happy for the change.

2 Likes

In fairness, even when fit, Torres had an habit of sulking about the pitch liked a white-tailed deer whose mother just got shot.

1 Like

Arteta: ‘can we please play Sheffield at home every game’

Arteta lost his head today following that loss. Strong words, and likely a fine coming his way. Didnt even think it was that controversial. Karma for not backing Klopp a few weeks ago as far as im concerned.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1720899411297853445?t=mIgaWlbaJur7N8mBtkhT5g&s=19

3 Likes

ball was out and Joelinton shoved the defender…apart from that, clean goal.

fucking more garbage from the english decision makers, both on field and in the office.

in stopage time the ref blew for a foul throw against Arsenal. a foul throw. a fucking foul throw as Arsenal chased the game. what the actual fuck?

i just cant figure out why theyd be so biased for Newcastle…somethings scratching around in my head, but i just cant put my finger on it.

1 Like

I thought Newcastle were pretty physical all game long, and Guimares should have seen a red card.

The goal was a bit farcical, as they checked three different things, but there was no evidence that they got something massively wrong, like the Diaz goal against Spurs.

Ball was out? Hard to say. Most of the ball looked over the line, but as the famous Mane non-goal against Man City from a few years ago painfully demonstrated, only a few mm at the edge of the ball can keep it in. Whole ball over the whole line? I couldn’t see that in Newcastle v Arsenal.

Next up, the foul. This is a tricky one, and a bit subjective. Joelinton pushed Gabriel in the back. In another area of the pitch it would have been a free kick. In the box, it’s a strange one, as there’s all sorts of grappling and pushing when corners and crosses come in. I would say a bit harsh on Arsenal that a free kick wasn’t given, but not a clear error.

Offside? To my naked eye I thought it was offside and said so to my lad, as it was behind the goalie. But I didn’t see any VAR lines drawn, so I’m not sure if they didn’t have the camera angle or what the issue was.

All in all Newcastle were lucky to have the goal awarded and Arsenal were very unlucky to have it go against them, but the magnitude of error was massively different with the Diaz one against Spurs, as that was a good goal ruled out through miscommunication between VAR and ref.

Arteta will get a fine for that.

1 Like

we cant use the Diaz decision as a a yardstick. if the Diaz Decision is the bar they have to clear then we may as well just all go home now and give up.

the Arsenal were cheated. its plain and simple. im OK if technology proved the ball was in, but my coverage refused to show any angle apart from one filmed from somewhere in the outer rim of the galaxy…i think the tech is only in the goals, theres no way the ball looks in to the naked eye.

that said, the clear foul on the Arsenal defender is an open and shut case…reminds me of the Mitrovic one on TAA at the start of last season…and the Gordon Push on TAA earlier this year for no foul…if all three of them are not fouls i dont know what game i have been playing all these years…

we pussy foot around these issues and try and claim there is a grey area…there really isnt…the lads been shunted in the back.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s hard to have sympthy considering the lack of support Klopp got from the likes of Arteta.

modern family whatever GIF

2 Likes

i dont expect Klopp to go into Bat for Arteta, or for LFC to get involved at any level…thats not part of the remit.

as a fan i can complain about the decision in a nuetral game. we dont need a dog in the fight to notice a bad decision.

the foul throw set me off a bit… i mean, is that the first ever fould throw given in the premier league?..again, didnt get a chance to see a replay…its those little calls that throw momentum and a game…like giving a random LFC lad a yellow in the first 20 minutes (id love to see that stats on yellow cards and times during the games actually) and the commentator will bang on about having to be careful, and the ref laying down a marker…just little subtle things …

as C and C music Factory once said…‘things that make you go hmmmmm’

1 Like

Maybe didn’t explain properly. Arteta didn’t back Klopp’s point for making var better for football. Now’s it’s come back to bite him on the backside. So, as much as it might have been a poor decision, it’s hard for me to care. No dog in the fight.

1 Like

Actually, a yellow card for Trent as he got upset about being shoved into the stands.

3 Likes

Except we know it’s only a matter of time until it’s us being fucked over again. Plus this is a large reason why the EPL is unwatchable dross.

This is why we should call all crap refereeing regardless of whether it is for us, against us or neutral.

4 Likes

Havertz and Guimaraes both should’ve been sent off I think. Guimaraes especially, because if not a straight red in his first incident, there was material for 2-3 yellow cards for him in his performance.

4 Likes

‘time wasting’ for throwing the ball away wasnt it?, as thats what the refs have been asked to dial down on.

the whole sequence was an embarrassment to modern football… from the petulence of Gordon, to the official being defended for such a ridiculous decision becuase of giving Trent the yellow becuase ‘thats the directive from the top’

pathetic.

in some ways that moment was worse than the Diaz offside. at least the Diaz offside was so calamatious that it forced changes to be made…embarrassed the officiating…

the TAA yellow for time wasting was actually debated as justifiable …christ on a ike…

2 Likes

Arteta is a doping cheating cunt who worked with the doping cheating cunt. He’s tried to reinvent himself as the lego man but he thinks he’s much better than he is. He always was the little runt of the the Xabi and Mikel friendship but for some reason he seems to have grown the outsized ego.