Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

It’s fair to say that Arsenal got the better deal between them and Chelsea , given that they were interested in Caicedo.

Caicedo might still work out for Chelsea under a different coach though

https://twitter.com/HenryJackson87/status/1732746287831781701

3 Likes

Arteta cleared of charges, in another PL foray into the field of linguistics.

1 Like

Because his name does not start with a K …

3 Likes

Jesus christ that is pathetic :joy:

But I dont mean pathetic. I mean a welsh word that sounds the same but means something different.

1 Like

If memory serves…
Jurgen has been fined twice (total £150K) in the last 18months for speaking his mind…!

3 Likes

Fixed

We’ll Jurgen should use the same words, verbatim, next time he wants to criticise a referee

1 Like

And that’s why they’re not winning it. No balls when it comes to the big games.

Unlike us they are probably going to bully the smaller teams in the next few weeks.

1 Like

A bit unfair. 1-1 away at a top rival is a decent result. People are too quick to write them off in my opinion. They’ll be in the mix in April.

1 Like

They’re the third best team in the league.

2 Likes

I think both of us are quite equal but we are missing some key players

1 Like

I genuinely don’t know why people are so dismissive of them. What should we say about our title credentials if we don’t think theirs are strong enough? A point away at a stadium where they last won eleven years ago is nothing to scoff at.

They were relatively close to Man City last season until the lack of experience got the better of them. Now they have the experience of a (failed) title challenge plus Declan Rice who would walk into probably every side in the world on this form.

2 Likes

Arsenal are a good side and they have more steel than last season. I would say they can improve another 5-10% with a better central striker.

We are a match for them, in the infancy of Klopp 2.0, and as the team is built out we will improve 20-30% to todays level.

Arsenal and Liverpool are two of the best three teams in the country, with the best team a bit ahead of both, despite an iffy season for them so far. However, they are cheats.

Arsenal and Liverpool are the best two proper teams. I do not like them, but they are obviously very good.

1 Like

Definitely, they have far more to be happy about than we do, though one goddamn crossbar could have changed that. But they had extended periods of taking it to the Reds, and did not play with the fear of losing control of the game that Arsenal so often have showed at Anfield.

2 Likes

Emotionally they give me nothing. Lack of mentality in this team.

Some good players but most of them wouldn’t get into our starting11.

The only thing I like about them at the moment is how they are able to constantly dominate against the ‘smaller’ teams.

But crumble when they play stronger teams or bigger rivals. Could not beat Newcastle, Villa, Spurs, Chelsea and us. Have they been cheated on like we were?

They were able to play the same Starting11 in their last three games. Had midweek off and played against us with all our injuries and players who started on Wednesday aswell.

A real champion would go for it to pick up the bones but Arteta and his players don’t have the balls for that.

Is it March already?

1 Like

See, Borussia Dortmund mentality. :wink:

I’m already seeing talk of it being one of those games where they just couldn’t score (see us vs Utd). It was not. West Ham were very solid and blunted them and more than played their part with the ball.

5 Likes

Might still be early days to conclude my thoughts when they signed Jesus, but…

I said short term he would be an improvement for them and help them go up a level. But the same thing that happened to him near the end at City, might very easily repeat itself at Arsenal.

Some genuine questions now if he’s capable to be a regular central figure (lone striker) in a team that wants to win the biggest trophies.

1 Like