Blud, it's the Arsenal thread, fam

Didn’t think of that one actually, but more Klopp’s celebrations.

Actually when it comes to winning the league it is. And dropping 3 points against the Arse wouldn’t be anywhere near as frustrating if we knew our challengers (Cheaty, not Arsenal btw) would also be regularly dropping points. But we’ve seen this game before where we’ve taken ridiculously high percentage of points and we know how it plays out.

2 Likes

Some random shit.

Was out tonight and there were some Arsenal fans in the club, on a disco event.

With following kits on: Adams, Saliba, Xhaka and Trossard.

:joy:

The hottest girl had Bergkamp, at least.

2 Likes

English football needs a strong London club, it needs a proper heavyweight contender, it needs Arsenal to win the Premier League.

That is surely the outcome every neutral must be hoping for in May. It is the best outcome, proof that with the right manager and the right recruitment, you can build a team that can beat the financial superpowers of Manchester City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool.

:joy: :rofl:

3) Arsenal: £-550.53m
23/24: £-145.2m
22/23: £-144.08m (2nd)
21/22: £-116.25m (5th)
20/21: £-57.14m (8th)
19/20: £-91.59m (8th)

6) Manchester City: £-326.67m
23/24: £-116.7m
22/23: £9.97m (Champions)
21/22: £-38.55m (Champions)
20/21: £-93.5m (Champions)
19/20: £-81.9m (2nd)

9) Liverpool: £-221.44m
23/24: £-95.24m
22/23: £-48.38m (5th)
21/22: £-49.1m (2nd)
20/21: £-57.14m (3rd)
19/20: £32.14m (Champions)

The state of Arsenal journalists telling us their team needs to win ‘for the good of football’ :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Im going to correct myself. I’ve been saying since the start of last season that I’d prefer Arsenal to win over City as at least a team will have won it legitimately, instead of another title being erased from history when City eventually get done for cheating.

But I can see the narrative here that’s developing. Arsenal against the odds, fighting giants, amazing coach, best group of youngsters. All the realities of their spending will be brushed under the carpet by journos just like City’s dodgy sponsorship deals and fucking Cayman Island wage rerouting. Fuck off.

I don’t think I could take them winning it in all reality.

3 Likes

I think this is all the rebuttal needed.

English football really doesn’t need more £27 pound steak sandwiches to enrich American owners.

2 Likes

What are those figures meant to represent?

Whatever they are, they’re almost certainly wrong.

Net spend. Very similar figures from multiple sources but this is directly from football365.

Unless you are questioning the validity of City’s figures, well you aren’t going to find real figures from a cheating club like that unless you hack their network.

But you really shouldn’t be afraid to let your guard down re city just for a second to have a laugh at Arsenal and their fans.

Are you talking about a mob accountant situation with regards to one of those profit/loss ledger?

For anyone who believes those City figures, I have some magic beans for sale.

1 Like

Leaving City out of it, Arsenal are a proper club and would be preferable to another City Prem win. However, let’s look deeper…

IF Arsenal win the league, it will be on the back of heavy spending, though legitimate, and backing a young manager, through some lean times, to come good.

If the Arsenal narrative becomes plucky underdog, then nope, I’m not having that, and would prefer another Man City win to lump in with all their other dodgy trophies.

(Edit, I can’t stand Man City and don’t want this!)

Doesn’t matter anyway. It will be us!

Your spending on fancy lunches and wine, annualised according to proximity to the stadium of the club listed.

1 Like

Nah. I won’t celebrate an Arsenal win, and the article above is just babble - but it would be much better for the game to see some possibility of breaking the strangehold of petrodollars, even if does require a billionaire’s backing. As far as we can tell, Arsenal didn’t cheat.

1 Like

Arsenal are a proper club and will have done it the right way, albeit by spending heavily, though legitimately. But I would reject the plucky underdog narrative if it forms, as that would be well wide of the mark.

And if it is a City win, I would reluctantly shrug my shoulders on the assumption that it will be chalked off in time, along with all their other illegitimate trophies.

Arsenal preferred over City, for sure, but they are no plucky underdog.

If we don’t win it I couldn’t give a crap.

1 Like

I am coming around to @Mascot 's argument that the one thing that will focus attention and energy on City’s rule breaking is them turning the Prem into the Bundesliga. You can see a situation in which if two other clubs are able to take titles from them the interest in punishing city goes away as its harder to argue (to idiots) the importance of their violations.

Of course I would prefer us to win titles than have city win them to bolster this argument. But I sure as hell dont want anyone else winning them in this period. Lets concentrate all the trophies we’re not able to win for City and add them all to the collection of honours that historically will have an asterisk next to them

5 Likes

Yeah. It is an incredibly limited perspective that doesnt see beyond a 2-3 year span. Arsenal are one of England’s historically successful clubs. They dont just have a lot of honours, but they have achieved them repeatedly across multiple eras. I dont think there is a single generation of Arsenal fan going back as far as the war who had to wait more than a decade or so to find a side that was successful. Through the period of the Prem they have consistently been one of the richest in terms of football revenue. The fact they made decisions that made it difficult at times to bring in/keep high profile players does not make them underdogs anymore than Utd’s mismanagement means any success they have should be treated as against odds.

1 Like

I can add a map of El Dorado to the mix. Someone could get rich if they are quick

Always respected Arsenal as a club, I often feel there’s a bit of sympathy between two sets of fans. But it’s not like I’d celebrate if they won the league.

2 Likes

Haha @El_Dorado