That could only happen if we manage to get the ball to him in decent conditions
.
Seems to me to be our issue with our forward players atm
Thereās no magic wand for our problems. We need a lot of patience and hope itās the only way through this.
When we buy players we really need to look a lot harder at character imo. We donāt seem to have any (well not very much).
Our āleadersā seem more interested in their own personal image than the club and team.
I still think a few players have a Slot hangover and have it still in their head to play conservative passes rather thsn passes that and are more risky and that break the lines.
That is my hope and that more time with Andoni will bring them out of their shell.
Slot had us playing great football when he started (even if I think he got the fitness and rotation wrong). He then started tinkering and made a mess. A team with real character wouldnāt have let that happen. My personal feeling is the Dutch connections worked against us and they just fell into a comfort zone that pleased them. Thatās going to take a hell of a lot to break considering our captain.
Has anyone kept up with Diomande, how is he playing?
I forgot who he signed for in the endā¦
Hardly made a splash. 300 minutes so far in Real and 1 assist. And a coach that probably doesnāt see that much in him at this moment.
But need to discuss this elsewhere as this is Barcola thread so we donāt derail it.
Cheers for that, I thought it was worth putting it in here as I was sort of contrasting him to how Barcola has done for us and what might have beenā¦
Iāve not seen all the games but a number of times, it looks like a team mate making a better timed pass or one two with him and he would have been through, I suppose it needs more time for other players to click with him
He also seems to be a bit of a shy character so hope that wonāt impact on his hunger and agression to succeed