Brazil FA/FIFA to prevent Alisson , Fabinho and Firmino playing

My mistake…

Good info Limie, cheers.

One can’t escape the feeling that a reckoning is coming. The Prem is powerful and has money. It has a global audience and global appeal. The clubs in the Prem pay the wages of the stars they employ.

International football makes sense in an amateur, Corinthian sort of a way (I think it was Lowton Red who made that point) but to the degree that a bunch of stuffy old blazers who are barely emerging from amateurish ways want to run the show, well, there will be a reaction.

I was referring to the language in the Joyce tweet.

1 Like

Completely agree, except that I think as holders of Brazilian passports our lads wouldn’t have had to quarantine on the way into Brazil.

Seriously, even if coming from the UK?

Brazil plays by the “a national passport beats covid rules”

3 Likes

That’s what I read, presumably because Bolsonaro think Brazilians can’t get Covid?

1 Like

If the passport is blue then clearly beats covid?

Finally they see sense.

5 Likes

Interesting to see that it was Brazil’s FA who decided not to pursue it. From what I sensed, FIFA wasn’t on solid legal ground in terms of being able to exercise that authority, but I certainly don’t know the full story.

I’d imagine FIFA pushed them in that direction.

I’d wonder how much the UAE government paid…

I thank you….

I think Alisson will play, but I wouldn’t be surprised to see Fabinho sit out, on the basis that Klopp will have had to prepare the game on the basis that he would be unavailable.

Becker and Fabinho are in tonight’s lineup against Venezuela.

They play in more than 24 hours.

After tonight’s travel news…Will we have Ali n Fab available for Watford?

I don’t think we will.

Brazil play Columbia and Venezuela. Both games are away. Both countries remain on the red list.

It’s pretty unlucky. Just 7 countries remain on the red list and our players are travelling to 2 of them !!

1 Like

Does ok Mane and Tsimikas mind and with Brazil playing Friday morning there was zero chance these two were playing against Watford anyhow

1 Like

Also looks like we won’t lose them at the next break, the problem was more to do with allowing three games in the break with the first on the Friday.

1 Like