Champions League 1/4 final and 1/2 final draw

I don’t want any English team. I agree with you guys, Porto would be good. Then, let’s see. One game at a time.

4 Likes

It’s funny how we all want Porto when they’ve just dumped Juve out.

1 Like

I dunno what it is about a “draw” but I love watching it on TV.

Any other sad acts like me going to be tuning it?

Problem with UEFA is they don’t half stretch it out. The draw is what? 4 mins and the bloody programme with all the guff talked around it lasts for agggeeeeeees

3 Likes

Porto employed a 6-3-1 against Juventus which caused them massive problems for 3 halves of football and the Italians are good attacking-wise. It would be really ugly seeing it against the current Liverpool side.

I hate to say it but on current form we are one of the weakest teams in the last 8. Whoever we draw will be difficult, if not outright impossible. Even Dortmund who still have no grasp on how to defend, have a goal scoring machine to count on.

The only glimmer of hope is that during the next 3 weeks Klopp performs a magic trick and last season’s Liverpool shows up, albeit one without Van Dijk and the Anfield crowd.

6 Likes

I don’t think it would matter which team we draw.

At the knock-out stages, all that matters are the tactics, execution and determination. Squad strength or form matters little. Secondly, we can screw just anybody on our day. Having said that, I would prefer non-English teams simply because they are non-English, the novelty I enjoy in continental competitions.

I have a sneaky feeling that we might end up with Real, PSG or Bayern. :crazy_face:

1 Like

Expect us to go out at some point between QF and SF.

1 Like

There isn’t a point between QF and SF. :thinking:

9 Likes

We’ll win the QF tie but then not get to play the SF tie because reasons.

2 Likes

Would be nice to avoid City and Bayern, let them face each other. And, of course getting both of them on our side of the draw would be the worst scenario (unless they face each other in the QF). I think the rest are all second tier, no game will be easy for us right now but I will be optimistic whoever we get.

1 Like

whip out the Asterix?

Am I the only one not fearful of Chelsea? I think Klopp and the players would savour the chance to have a go at them after they beat us recently. Us v them in a semi final on the way to Istanbul…sounds familiar.

7 Likes

Think in home and away we can beat anyone.

3 Likes

Is that some sort of euphemism? :flushed:

6 Likes

Oh Behave Austin Powers GIF

7 Likes

Yeah, I expect the same to be fair. Bar Porto and maybe Dortmund and Chelsea, all other teams appear well out of our reach over two games.

On the other hand, you just never know… get Porto in the quarters, manage to qualify, and maybe Hendo will then be back for the semis. That in turn could increase our ability to compete, and then, with a lot of luck, many things can happen. This is football we are speaking about after all.

1 Like

Didn’t this fucking thing start 40mins ago?!??!?!

Who are we playing???

3 Likes

Tomorrow, mate

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Also…you cunt!

I honestly thought it was Friday.

12 Likes

Damn…one more day of this shit week to go.*

*shit at work

9 Likes

Haven’t seen you about much. Hope everything is all right. :crossed_fingers: