China - the irresistible rise

Thought they both had agreed? There’s troops either side of it who throw rocks at each other, in one part of it anyway

Ah yes, forgot about the imported labour, have first hand experience of that working for a Chinese company back in the UK.
Nah, how are they going to go about taking over the local resources and stuff. They going to use them as a debt clearer, you know, you owe me $1m so we’ll take the port and write down your debt for that? Can they even do that, have they done it? Has anyone done it? Mind you, talking to taking over and kicking the locals out, Diego Garcia anyone?

There’s no need for that, we’re trying to have a conversation here.

Checked out the ‘China - the irresistible rise’ are you referring to the links to the news clips?
We’ve done the first one with the pictures
Taiwan is part of China so why can’t they fly planes there
They (China) has something agreed with one(?) maybe 2 of the islands, it was all over the news here, how dare they? But yes, the security pact has gone back to the drawing board, do we think negotiations are ongoing or has China gone home with their tails between their legs. How dare China do what the west are already doing!!

oops just been bollocked by the system for multiple replies, I need to work out how to do the multiple quotes in one post thing.

1 Like

Isn’t it up to the people of Taiwan to decide? They have shown no wish to be part of the PRC.

Also

1 Like

According to estimates, there are 2 to 3 million tons of waste oil returned to the table every year in China. The total consumption of animal and vegetable oils in China is around 22.5 million tons a year. If you eat 10 meals in China, you might just consume waste oil in one of those meals. :nauseated_face:

Some of the comments from that video: :nauseated_face:

Michael George (3 months ago)
I had thought that this was under control, but I recently saw a woman taking sewer oil in Haikou a few months back. It really disgusted me to think that I had eaten food prepared with that filth. It was a major factor in my decision to leave China.

kamaboko1 (1 month ago)
I went to a flea market outside of Beijing many years ago. I saw people cooking food over large drums of what used to contain motor oil. I could not identify the meat they were cooking. Moreover, it had a very strong oder of burning motor oil, as though it never occurred to them to clean out the drums first. Truly frightening.

John Stibal (3 months ago)
As a Chinese gutter oil producer once said “The most delicious oils float on the top the foulest raw sewage”… To take something free and sell it for multiples in profits is irresistible. I would stick to the grill, no deep fried foods, if I had to live in china, no oils at all. Even oils on the shelf are questionable. You should Never underestimate the depravity of Chinese manufacturers. I read about one deal where a waste company was using large sewer trucks to remove sewage and then secretly processed what oils/fats there where back into kitchen oils. There is a solid percentage of cooking oils that have been disposed of multiple times down the sewer and then “reused” for consumption in China. The whole process is similar to a “Water cycle for oils”

Gracey (2 months ago)
Back in 2010s, my dad worked in China for a few years. When he came back, he refused to eat anything that came from China. He told us that he saw vegetables being fertilized with human waste.
After hearing my dad’s account, my Korean grandma actively checks labels on all produce and food to avoid stuffs that came from China. This video has shown me that the state of food sanitation hasn’t improved much in the past 10 plus years.

Skargar (3 months ago)
When I was in China we saw a street kitchen owner open the grate from a drain on the sidewalk in from of a restaurant to scoop out the grease. Amazing what humans can eat.

Fuck You :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

Masks on,
Masks off,
Masks on,
Masks off…
karate kid GIF

The good old Daily Fail, scaremongering unnecessarily again…

Compare and contrast.

1 Like

on the waste oil issue, waste cooking oil is recycled here and re-used for all sorts of things.

I’d be shocked if there weren’t similar companies in Asia. This place gets paid to pickup waste and then transforms it into usable products which they sell. license to print money

What are these chinese rumours ?

Story originated with an Indian source and Twitter ran with it. 36 Hours later and still nothing other than that so I’m just about sure we file that under bullshit for now.

Not sure how true this is…

1 Like

Another story which could just be western propaganda or may be real.

1 Like

Surprised this hasnt been posted…

I wonder how long its been going on?

Khaleej Times :grin:

China stands against interference in other country’s internal affairs = fuck off and let us do to Tibet, Taiwan and Hong Kong what we want. Nepal, Bhutan, Myanmar and Vietnam all raise the sirens.

1 Like

The issue with HK is really there is no way to please everyone as usual. From my point of view, HK was promised 50 years of non interference after 97, but obviously that did not materialize for justifications offered, that honestly no one will be able to dispute, as with most policies and decisions in China.

I have friends and business associates on both ends of the spectrum. One who was holding a senior position in a huge MNC company, earning a good salary, tried to get a transfer to the UK office, failed and decided to resign and moved with his family under the UK BNO program without a job. He is now working in the UK helping out in a convenience store while his wife actively looking for a teaching position. He told me that even with lesser money, and the odd shouts they get ‘go back home’ on the streets, he just hope his children get to grow up in a free-er place. I told him, there is no perfect place, and whatever you want, I hope you get it and be happy.

Another stayed put. He is rich and obviously could move to places like Singapore and such with properties in these places. But while he struggled initially with the transition of being in a very democratic place to what it is now, he has grown to adapt and focus on what he feels is more important to his family. Security and survivability. Hk is home, always to him and he does not feel just the same anywhere else. Same thing I told him, your decision, I hope you are happy and get what you want.

2 Likes