Christmas 2023 Updates

Come on gang, what are you all up to? What’s the plans and the food? Mrs’s Christmas village built, Christmas candles lit, lights up and tree tomorrow. Critically, about to put National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation on :slight_smile:

1 Like

Fuck all.

1 Like

No cooking, no dishes to wash for us.
Going the Indian then the pub

Me n mester wilkored08 and the dog…bubbly, dinner, bubbly n chocs…

Funnily enough, we always watch that one. I was really surprised when I found out the iconic characters that Aunt Bethany (Mae Questel) had played but, once you know, you really can’t unhear it.

As for the rest, my son, who is at college in Bremen, should be home. Our older son works in catering so he is likely to be busy. The other is still at school and likely to be attached to the X-Box for the entire time.

Other than that we tend to be orientated around the telly for the most part. I’m hoping to get a proper break for once. Last year was ruined as we had Covid.

1 Like

Die Hard tonight :slight_smile:

FIFY :0)

Only kidding W08, only kidding with ya

After afternoon drinks and 4 food courses…mester wilkored08 is usually asleep…I’ll wash the pots to the 4/5 o’clock film…then I’m in for the chocs…nothing more exciting…:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

No we’re 2 boring old buggers now…

2 Likes

Welcome to the party pal…

2 Likes

Classic xmas film

Off to the usual trek to Baden Wurttemberg to the in laws - this time for the first time in winter from the South of France… Really looking forward to the break. Don’t care too much about the historical rationale for the break but am looking forward to beer, watching footy and of course switching off and being fully into all things family!

1 Like

3 Likes

I have the same blanket!

unrelated topic: Mrs and I had a pretty animated conversation about Christmas gifts for Jr. She thinks he’s lacking something…exciting… in his pile of gifts and I think he’s already getting spoiled for gifts.

I know this is a touchy subject this time of year, first world problems and all that. But how do you approach that conversation with your significant other

Surrender

Get them both this…

1 Like

On your knees, crawling and apologising saying you will never think of contradicting her again

Kenan Thompson Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

See above.

Say that Jnr has enough, but if she insists on buying anything else, it is to be swapped for one of the already purchased presents, which can be donated to a local kids charity