Cody GAKPO: 2026/27

I thought he slid back into his Slot shell against Spurs. Hogging the ball and looking to score when a simple pass was the better option.
It looks like this is a major problem for Iraola and our squad. Much more interaction between players seems to be required.
It’s been said Gakpo is cooperating with Isak after training and it is paying off and looking good. It’s this that we could do with more of within our squad and seems lacking.
Btw good on Gakpo and Isak doing this but why didn’t he do it with Kerkez last season?

1 Like

Maybe it’s Kerkez the problem? I mean Kerkez had hardly shown any consistency when it comes to performance. He was very good last night but you really don’t know what to expect of him and like maybe trust is another component. It’s a vicious cycle. You do shite with the balls I am less likely to look for you. If you do well with the ball, everyone will want to look for you

No Gakpo ignored Kerkez and we have often seen Gakpo ignoring even senior players in the past. We even saw it last night. This problem isn’t specific to Gakpo however Gakpo is one of and a major abuser.
Don’t be blind!
His selfishness payed off last night as he had lots of movement about him. It won’t always be the case and Isak might not always be on the pitch.

1 Like

Not sure I am the one who is blind but it’s ok. Let’s just take it that last season was shite for everyone anyway.

I look forward to this season and it’s very clear Gakpo is producing way more in his position than Kerkez is still yet to consistently in his.

1 Like

You blamed the fact that Gakpo didn’t use the overlaps Kerkez offered last season on Kerkez. It’s the man on the ball that decides!

1 Like

Cody must have seen Milos’ crossing in training and thought “why bother”

15 goal involvements last season was really low in 52 games.

Now he’s ‘already’ on 6 in 5.

2 Likes

Have to say this somewhere because I absolutely hammered him last season. Gakpo looks ridiculously sharp right now, decisive and full of intensity. Almost unrecognizable form from last year under Slot when half the team looked like they were walking around the pitch.

So if I was going to criticize him then I’ll give him his flowers now, he looks like a different player. Different planet. I would have been gutted to see him this sharp and playing for City.
And to think about the summer he’s had with the loss of the unborn baby…

I am convinced that Iraola’s methods are already showing. You can see it with Macca too.

1 Like

1 Like

https://x.com/DKingTelegraph/status/2103530264047853667

2 Likes

I just read the first line typical Telegraph crap.
He’s become the most important player for Liverpool my arse :rofl:.

2 Likes

FFS, Gakpo injured. that is number two.

2 Likes

https://x.com/Anfield_Sector/status/2104245234297360645

Edit

https://x.com/Ipostanythn/status/2104243418578960681

This is the challenge on Cody Gakpo which resulted in him coming off injured.

2 Likes

Bollox

1 Like

It’s happening falling like flies :see_no_evil_monkey:.

Hopefully, Gakpo’s injury is not bad…

1 Like

https://x.com/LFC/status/2104557790962339880

Fucking internationals.

2 Likes

It’s what ruined Joe Gomez