Cost of Living Crisis

wash tabs, are those the single-package pods of washing detergent?

if so, I’d advise against using them for numerous reasons.

1 Like

Yep…they are cleaner than powder and powder tends to irritate the skin…

Genuine question, but if the powder is irritating your skin, does that not mean that you’re using too much/the rinsing isn’t doing its job properly?

I don’t use powder…when I used it for hand washing items(delicates)…it made my hands sore and itchy…so now…use the pods/tabs with a load of delicates…modern machines easy wash on 20%…

1 Like

I actually have an allergic reaction to washing powder. It’s the dust that’s the issue.

1 Like

Water and elbow grease.
Bunch of fannies

I use to wash by hand…but no need now…

so just a heads up, the blocks use cellulose to bind the powder together into bricks for your washing machines. that cellulose will gum up your machine’s internals and usually your pump is what goes first, or clogs the filter inside.

the pods are pressed microplastics which they say “dissolve” in cold water but really you’re just releasing that microplastic into the water supply when the binding agent dissolves.

We have found a product called Nelly’s which we mix with Oxyclean we buy in bulk from Costco in bulk. usually lasts about a year between a pail of Nelly’s soda and a box of Oxyclean.

1 Like

Sounds good…Costco in this area require a business account…but oxyclean is available in various forms from usual outlets…

How many fannies for a standard wash? And is there a formula that says how much of a reduction in elbow grease I can get for each additional fanny added?

Pffft.
Formula shcmormula.
Just scrub until it’s clean, then through the mangle to wring it out.

is that the fanny, or the clothes?

you need to be clearer…

I love it when Scots words gets completely lost in translation. At this rate @Dane will be the talk of the steamie.

On quiet days I get the dolly tub out…and agitate the clothes with the dolly…and wring out by hand…oh those were the days.

Something fundamentally wrong here

1 Like

Dont see any demands for these greedy bastards to pay “windfall tax”.

1 Like

Don’t you live in Scotland?

You think everyone in Scotland reads newspapers?

Do people by and large read newspapers ? I mean print media and not the online papers.