Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Why was Chelsea interested for a player who have played less than 3000 mins over last two seasons?

2 Likes

Not a huge choice in the market, but would count as home grown and club trained for Chelsea, perhaps giving them a few more options in the rest of the squad for their Champions League squad

1 Like

That’s a huge point. I didn’t know he was in Chelsea academy.

1 Like

Got his first team breakthrough under Rafa (who played him in midfield), like Azpi as a first team starter.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Chelsea signing Omari Hutchinson from Arsenal. He was one I highlighted in my one to watch segment last season.

1 Like

What is he? Is he experienced enough to think he’s going to play?

1 Like

He’s an attacking central midfielder, was probably their best player at U23 level last season but I imagine he looks at their squad - full of players who are in his position - and doesn’t see a route to the first team.

Chelsea might not be any better for him in that regard however. My guess is they’ll sort him out a very good loan move.

1 Like

They have bought a few youngsters this summer, so the continuous trend of buying them and loaning them out seems to continue.

1 Like

Do you think he knows he’s only on loan?

Lede from a recent Athletic article:

“There is now a growing possibility Chelsea fans won’t ever get to see Levi Colwill make a first-team appearance.”

Something about a leopard and its spots. :joy:

Well, I’m glad the end of the Roman era curtailed their spending.

5 Likes

Well they basically got off scot free and didn’t have to fork out a penny back to Abramhovic. Possibly the biggest case of financial doping that ever was (City and PSG still ongoing so will probably catch up soon enough). Any official take on the sale with even a modicum of decency would have made sure that be paid as well into some sort of charitable foundation. But, ja…

I think given the contract issues the sanctions caused, a significant one time expenditure on new players was always going to be baked into the cost of the purchase. I wouldn’t expect the same thing next summer and so like us they’re surely now in a place where if these signings don’t work out they cannot just sweep the loss under the rug and go again. So here’s hoping these lads are shite.

1 Like

Don’t know much about Kounde but they’re also linked to Kimpembe and I know he’s one of the worst aerial defenders in Europe so that a good start :+1:

1 Like

Interesting given the discussion of their defense that so far in pre-season they look to be retaining their 3CB shape despite not having enough CBs in place to fill out the roles yet.

I’m going to see them play Arsenal on Saturday night (weather permitting).

2 Likes

Somehow Chelsea is being humiliated by the Gunners. 3-0 and still plenty of time left. Do not feel like a friendly pre-season match.

The result will cause the usual eruption in the Tabs, Twitter and supporter forums for a couple of days.

Meanwhile Arsenal are now worldbeaters, Arteta super coach, great signings, top 4….

Blah blah until the next match. But I still like a Chelsea flogging.

2 Likes

I went to the game and it really needs to be expressed that Chelsea were awful. At best you could say they look a mile away from being ready, but it looked more a case of them being clueless. 4-3-3, or 3CBs in the second half it just didnt make a difference. It was a strong side on paper, but a few of the players, especially Werner, looked like he’d been pulled from the crowd. The contrast with the intelligence of Jesus’ movement on the other end was stark.

Some thoughts on the game:

• Saliba is a unit and had a Van Dijk air about him the way he strolled into position and forwards just gave up
  • Zinchenko played LB :joy:
  • Partey played (which surprised me)
  • Kovacic came on in the second half and looked twice the player Jorginho looked
  • If Chelsea lose Azpilecueta they could be in real trouble. The first half was not just bad, but so lifeless and looked like they didnt care. He came on to start the second half and immediately started acing the shitbag, overtly reacting to even fair tackles, but in a way that seemed to shake Chelsea out of their first half stupor. They still we’ren’t good enough in the second half, but he at least infused an attitude that made them looked like they realized they had a paycheck to earn.
3 Likes

I’ve been predicting Chelsea to have a slide this season, so hopefully that kind of performance becomes the norm. I think they’ll both struggle for goals by relying on players like Havertz and Sterling to score them, and could become a bit leakier at the back also with so many personnel changes (and arguably a big lack of depth also).

The sad part is it’ll likely be one or (my prediction) both of the N London clubs overtaking them, which is only a marginally better outcome imo.

1 Like