Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

It’s being reported that Chelsea have opened talks with former Liverpool director Michael Edwards to become their new sporting director. How very dare you Micky. :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Hasnt that been the rumour for about 6 months.

I like the guy and he did a brilliant job for us but everything has to fit into place. There is no guarantee that will continue.

What I’m more concerned about is him building a good team with them rather than any supposed individual brilliance he had. It’s quite interesting how many seem to think he was a one-man band here, as opposed to the great team he built.

1 Like

Aubameyang is a complete panic buy.
They want to get rid of Pulisic and Werner but there’s not a lot out there to replace them.
I still think there’s a player in Werner and he chose the wrong club when joining Chelsea - ok he has won CL and CWC but he contributed fuck all towards them - like Torres - again, wrong club.

Rumour to reality. :grin:

Well let’s see if he can do that. Tuchel doesn’t come across as accommodating as Klopp for starters.

1 Like

So would you buy a defender that BR says will be the best in the world?

:rage:

With Cinderella signing, it will take their spending to $170mil and will exceed $200mil if their move for Fofana goes through. I love it. I remember the last time they splash 200mil on new players and thinking that by splashing the money, their problems are solved. Instead, their plastic fans will use such big amount of money spent as a signal to demand immediate success and like Funk Lampard, Tuchel will be under pressure once they do not show any signs of challenging for the top spot or at least keeping close to the leaders, the fans will again revolt and the cycle will return of sacking managers. Sure, Tuchel might have a slightly better record as a manager but he always come across as always punching above his weight and not sure he has the ability to manage the egos of superstars.

I know. Seems like it was only 2 summers ago.

2 Likes

lol

I wonder how they’ll get to any semblance of respecting the FFP rules. Did they sell a lot of players as well?

1 Like

They’ve probably seen Man City escape meaningful punishment for FFP violations and decided to fill their boots, with the new owner opening his wallet and wanting to make sure they challenge for the biggest prizes.

Chelsea also have a very extensive loan system, and lots of ways and means to cook the books, developed years before Man City were starting to buy the game.

Its a big spend. Unusually for them they have brought in very little money from transfers. Seemingly their biggest income is the loan fee for Lukaku :joy:

For two of their last 3 years they have actually made money in the market. Last year they made decent money leven after spending 100m on Rom, and the first year of the 3 year cycle they brought in about 100 net with the sale of Hazard and the limitations on they had because of the transfer ban. But that is balanced out by the enormous spend in the intervening year of around 250m net. Very rough figures is their current 3 year rolling spend is about 100m net spend, which is about in line with normal FFP limits.

This year though they are spending 150 million and dropping off a year from the reporting period in which they banked about 100 so their figures are going to go way up. Is there some rule about a period of forgiveness associated with a new owner?

1 Like

Why should any top club follow the FFP rules when the oligarch/oil clubs simply take the piss? Why should we?

1 Like

In the future, a utopian society where fairness and honesty rule…the likes of City and Chelsea will be stripped of their titles. UEFA, FIFA, FA, CAS will be in tandem on cracking down on sportswashing and clubs being fuelled by tainted money. City and Chelsea and possibly Newcastle will be relegated and titles discounted.
The 2022 World Cup will be declared void, robbing England of their second victory.

And through all that Liverpool will stand out as the club that did its best to operate within the rules.

1 Like

Chelski apparently willing to pay up to 85 mil for foffana. Also romano saying theyve bid 70 mil for him already. Ludicrous if true.

But Brendan says he will be one of the best, and that coach knows how to educate a defence.

Callum Hudson-Odoi has told Chelsea that he wants to leave the club in search of regular first-team football.