Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Sounds like they are getting their act together. FSG know that their competitive advantage will be very difficult to maintain and the hydrocarbon scum will make it almost impossible for lfc to stay at the top of the english game without significant additional investment. Not surprising to see them looking to take cash off the table.

James out the sidelines again, out for a month.

Enzo move apparently off. Well done Benfica for holding their ground.

Benfica coach Schmidt when asked about it: “We don’t want to sell Enzo. There’s a club that wants him, tempted him but they know the only way is €120m clause”, he continues “They’re disrespectful, they’re leaving the player crazy. They acted like they wanted to pay clause… then want to negotiate”.

4 Likes

Their “new system” seems to be a bit of a bully or a Man Utd mark 2.

2 Likes

Chelsea carry on spending.

Brought in Monaco defender Benoit Badiashile for £35m yesterday - don’t know anything about him. Also brought in David Fofana this window I believe.

Have now made an agreement for 18 year old Vasco de Gama midfielder Andrey Santos - box to box midfielder, likened to Douglas Luiz - 12.5m Euros.

They’re stacking up under 24 year old talents - expecting a Roman style mass loan out now. I am a bit envious though - we keep being linked with players that only moved in the summer to the top European Leagues, but their prices are massive, compared to just getting from source.

I wonder how much Potter is involved with these signings, if at all.

Are work permits not a thing anymore?

Can we just sign whichever players we want straight from South America/Africa if we wanted?

Early days but would suspect Potter is just a ‘yes’ man to someone else… well at least a lot more than Tuchel would be

One of the main reason Tuchel was kicked out was Bohley told him he needed his manager to be more involved in the discussions on signings and Tuchel said it wasnt in his job description and wasnt how he worked.

1 Like

200m on defence and still crap.

4 Likes

Tbf Fofana’s barely played a game and Badiashile hasn’t played a game.

Their best defender is a 38 year old who came on a free.

3 Likes

ESPN, with two former Chelsea players, losing their mind at this Chelsea performance. It’s reached “this is disrepsecting Gianluca” levels :rofl:

3 Likes

Chelsea brought large into the Brighton team so they have to hope Potter can somehow turn it around.

It’s more the entitled fanbase that is the issue though. I’m not sure someone like Caciedo would be wise to go there as any change could potentially see him frozen out and any negativity towards Potter will also pass to him.

Potter could be in charge of the other Blueshite by the end of the season

And the stupidity of the press. He is not above criticism, but they are desperate for stories that support the narrative that the job is too big for him. I read two reports yesterday criticial not just of the performance yesterday, which was worthy of criticism, but their inability to even live with a weakened city team. Chelsea are currently without Mendy, James, Chilwell, Fofana, Kante, Sterling and Pulisic, all of whom would expect to start a big game (not all would, but all would expect to). In addition they are also missing Loftus Cheek and Broja and for as shit as he has been were without PEA for that game as well. They have a BIG squad and are still having to lean on kids with only a couple of appearances among them

1 Like

They’ve been through so many changes over the years, on all levels.

Different owners now, directors beneath them, football staff, players. Often mixing different qualities and styles in short periods of time.

And to be fair to Chelsea, they were often that one rare club that managed to win here and there, when maybe it wasn’t expected, in the midst of many changes. Their squads are almost always full of quality and talent.

So it’s difficult for Potter to start from “zero”. And I thought the Tuchel sack was a bit harsh, but nothing new for Chelsea.

It seems like Boehly is glad to go down the Abramovic of first years route, but at some point he will realize that it’s hardly sustainable.

2 Likes

Big initial investment was always built into the cost of acquisition because of the impact the sanctions had on them. The only question is how quickly will it slow down. You might have thought this summer would be a more normal, measured window, but they might feel compelled for another big one if they dont pick up some form in the intervening period.

2 Likes

Watched him mostly fucking up against Barcelona yesterday.

1 Like

He was just trying to get out of the Utd move.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure the Chelsea project appealed more than the prospect of winning the league with Arsenal.

2 Likes

I still believe there’s a quality player in Felix, we saw a bit of that at the WC, where he looked in good mood, put the team’s needs first, played more on the left.

Maybe at some other place than Atletico, although Chelsea now, do they even need him? Havertz is of similar type (although more for the inside right channel), Mount is still used between the lines, etc.

Such a mess, Chelsea. So hard to follow what they’re trying to do with so, so many changes.

I sometimes think they’d be better not doing anything for 1-2 windows! Just to let things settle, get some cohesion going on, etc.

1 Like