Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

He should fit right in with the Chelsea fans
Mykhailo Mudryk: Chelsea forward apologises after use of racial slur on social media | Football News | Sky Sports

John Terry likes this

1 Like

Chelsea having a spend up - If they sign this Enzo then their new owners would have only spent £120m less than Klopp has in his 7 and half years here…and they have been here 5 minutes.

FSG have totally lost interest. Their buy small sell big worked with Phil to Barca but other than that its never really worked out for them. We havent sold anyone for huge profit - good profit - but not the kind of profit where they could go and buy 2 world class player like we did with Phils money.

Chelseas and now Newcastle owners have made FSG shit the bed. They were happy competing with one team (City) but now theirs 2 or 3 teams plus Arsenal have improved and having a spend up has made them want to sell.

You cannot tell me Jurgen is happy with the current midfield - dont get me wrong he hasn’t helped himself by people out of position etc but FSG have clearly told him he will have to wait until summer or they sell. Trouble is we are heading for a 7th or 8 place finish.

1 Like

Because they haven’t been driven by the selling element. The priority has been to keep the best players here.

He will have been involved in the decisions as to who to keep, award new contracts to and where to strengthen, so we shouldn’t look at this as an FSG vs Jurgen issue. It’s a club issue.

1 Like

Thinking about it im surprised they didnt sell Salah after 3 years here. Would have gone for £100m and £65m profit.

1 Like

But that’s the point. For years many fans accused FSG of being the sort of owners that do exactly that. Yet, they have always denied that is their business model for the club (unless the player is pushing for the move which is what we saw with Torres, Suarez and Coutinho) - and Jurgen since his arrival has always made it clear he wanted to build a team he didn’t have to keep breaking up every 5 minutes like he did at Dortmund.

4 Likes

Which he’s done very successfully, the main figureheads that drove the success of the team have stayed for 5+ years but pieces of the puzzle have fallen out of place and this is the valid point Didi made a few weeks ago, does Jurgen have the energy to now go 1 further and rebuild a full team almost from scratch…with the current transfer model we have in place with these owners I don’t see us being able to compete again for at least another 3-4 years, going to take far longer than 1 summer to rebuild this mess.

I don’t see why we couldn’t bounce back next season. A bit more energy in the middle and a couple of tweaks with the forward line to get our pressing system operating properly might be enough to get us up and running again.

5 Likes

Bellingham and Nunes and we good to have another go.

1 Like

Absolutely. Our strength during the last six-seven years has been unity all across the club, from the owners to the players and coaching staff. There is just no way that things should stand differently now, just because we experience some problems on the pitch. Many people are counting 2+2=5.

3 Likes

Well we had 3 of the best in every position - FWD, MID, DEF and now we have none. Just shows how quickly things can turn for the worst if you don’t refresh often.

This is klopp’s first season all over again and I see the next few seasons taking the same path as the last build. This is a full on rebuild, it’s going to take time.

1 Like

How long before Chelsea overtakes us in the league … :eyes:

It’s horrible I hope they miss out on CL.

5 Likes

Gonna be a fun summer when Chelsea are spending another 600m but this time on forwards, while Utd, Newcastle & City spend about 300m each in response & the rest of the league sits back with their thumbs stuck up their arses.

Next weekend?

In the words of Theoden… “What can man do in the face of such reckless spending” (I may have paraphrased a little).

Anyway the assumption that all these big soending teams are going to leave us in the dust forgets one thing… most signings are shite. And these signings around the league feel particularly haphazard. I don’t really think any team is operating with any joined up thinking (us included). It’s just random players.

1 Like

In 2019-20 Chelsea rode the challenge of a transfer ban and with a smattering of young players and well regarded young coach finished a credible 4th. The following summer their spending restrictions were lifted and with big expectations of kicking on and challenging they did this

That earned them another 4th placed finished and their manager the sack

1 Like