Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Doesnt matter. Atleast they are spending while FSG have their one foot out. Sleeping while rest atleast cheat and try to win football matches which matters the most. Spending money no matter how they get should have been the way, wish we had such owners who rotated managers and players every second season showing ambition to win football games. Club together as family, fans, owners and manager together all that matters only when we are winning.

There are still only about 6 or 7 players listed there I’d want anywhere near a Liverpool side.

1 Like

I can’t tell if this is a joke or not.

2 Likes

Even I can tell it was meant as a joke.

Its hard these days, parody is too close to reality.

1 Like

no shit, I hear this.

1 Like

I had to read the full thing…

Damn, I missed #FSGOut

1 Like

Is anyone good at maths?

Apparently 79% of the money spent last month in the top 5 leagues came from the EPL…almost doubling the previous record set in Jan 2018 which was 430m

From the 20 EPL clubs, Chelsea accounted for 40% of the January spend.

So what % do Chelsea hold over the top 5 leagues in Europe?

Answer? Farcical.

I honestly think Boehly has so much money backing him in Clearlake (read: PIF) that I think they’re just fucking with everyone else at this point.

They saw what happened with Abu Dhabi and the FFP at Citeh and just laughed. “hold my beer” says Boehly as bin Salman looks on with glee. I’m going to take their petrol money and destroy their game, their passion. Turn it into a rich man’s sport and ruin it for those western bastards. We’ll buy all their titles with our teams, and show them who really runs things…

it’s a dick-swinging contest now. Jurgen has already said as much, we cannot compete with them.

“There are three clubs in world football who can do what they want financially,” Klopp said. He was referring to the United Arab Emirates owners of City, the majority Saudi ownership of Newcastle United and Paris Saint-Germain, which has a Qatari owner.

“It’s legal and everything, fine, but they can do what they want. It is not a problem at all for me, it’s like it is.”

2 Likes

I understand that PIF are investors in Clearlake, but it has to be a red herring in terms of the chelsea spending. Beyond Clearlake being a diversified investment group with plenty of other things they’d be putting their investor’s money into, on a more basic level, why would the Saudis be funding a competitor to Newcastle?

I cannot buy this spending is coming from dirty outside money, but think it has to be outsiders thinking they’ve solved the problem in ways insiders couldnt see.

1 Like

when you’re dealing with this volume, what’s really “clean money” at that point other than it being laundered very very well?

Point take, but to rephrase it still has all the earmarks of people with too much capital on hand thinking they are just smarter than everyone else rather than sports washing play, meaning a return is going to be expected/demanded at some point in ways that isnt with the 3 state owned clubs.

1 Like

Same here, for alm that money they look a poor squad.

They a manager away from quad chasing team.

Not in my book. Fighting for top 4 and a cup.

I dont see it. Their keeper is crap. The full back are never fit. Their best defender is nearly 40 and Koulibaly is crap (although I think Fofana and Badashile are good signings in time). The midfield options are crap and have little depth. Felix is only a loanee and has not played well in years (bad system fit at Atletico or not its still true), CF options are all crap.

For all the money spent their squad is really not that impressive.

2 Likes

They had better be able to clear players out of the club in summer or else they will just get stuck with high paying players who refuse to leave. Remember Bogard who just floated around the club until the end of his contract. And let’s not forget, they still have Lukaku coming back after his loan with a 3 year contract still. And they still have Baba Rahman, Bakayako and Hudson Adoi who are on pretty high wages. If they cannot clear them out by hook or by crook, then they are screwed. Until Uefa and FA comes to their rescue of course.

1 Like

I think they will try something like Barcelona to clear the unwanted players.

It’s a mix of everything, of course there’s individual quality there.

Needs time now (we ask for time for the likes of Nunez and Gakpo, let alone when Chelsea do what they do), although who knows if Potter or someone else gets it. When the upcoming summer ends, we might have a clearer picture what are Chelsea made of.

1 Like