Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I’m not sure why you wouldn’t leave Potter in charge to be honest.

They always said Frank Lampard was a Tory and they are good at failing upwards.

The funny thing will be he does well enough, then gets appointed again full time, spends another 200m, then gets sacked after 10 games because they only won 1 in 10.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact that Rafa didn’t pull up any trees early on in his career but still went on to become a top manager.

I don’t know if Stevie G will become a top manager but failing at Aston Villa doesn’t mean he won’t.

From your tone, it sounds as if you don’t like Stevie G? I loved him as a player. I would love it if he became good enough to manage LFC but I have my doubts. At the moment, I’m not impressed by the style of football his teams play.

Absolutely agreed. What I haven’t liked (and this is not on him) is the ‘he’s destined to manage us’ vibe.

2 Likes

Also, when Rafa was starting, it was a long time ago compared to now. Managers have even less time. Also, the thing generally with English players and coaches is that they should try and go abroad more. I’m not necessarily thinking about Stevie now, perhaps his motivation to be a manager for a long time isn’t there. But if they are motivated to do well, evolve, it’s not all about money, etc. Surely there are many clubs out there and your whole world doesn’t turn around the PL and Championship.

Please don’t Xabi.

Keep doing well at Leverkusen and we will happily talk when the time comes here :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Xabi is far too smart to take the Chelsea job at this time. Bohly has shown himself to be a wildcard and I would think the only managers who are likely to be not put off by it are those whose reputation is established enough that they wont be overly concerned about the impact to their career prospects if they fail there (Luis Enrique), or chancers who unexpectedly find themselves in the frame and appreciate its now or never (Brendan?)

Lampard somehow takes them to the UCL final, loses, but it is enough to fool them into rolling his dice one more time.

More than necessarily rejecting Chelsea or having something against them by default, I’d say he would rather look forward to a pre-season and start from “zero” at Leverkusen. He’s in no rush right now. Was a difficult start, now it seems like they’re improving. Watched them against Bayern, they played well. They’re fighting for European places now.

1 Like

We all know Tuchel won’t stay at Bayern for too long and if Xabi keeps Leverkusen at the top third of the league Bayern would be very keen to bring him in.

That’s the easiest way to make it at a big club before moving to Real or hopefully Liverpool.

1 Like

Lampard was as good as done in the PL and this interim job gives him a lifeline.

There is a chance to make it permanent or bring him back for a third time.

Other Clubs might also be interested again if he does well enough until the end of this season.

As for Lampard…

He’s got no pressure now. Probably sees this dozen games or so as a chance to improve his reputation on the market a little bit. Not necessarily to remain at Chelsea, because it’s unlikely even if he does well, but just overall. Especially after what happened at Everton. He’s fighting to remain wanted, to raise his chances and improve his position at the next job interview.

He didn’t have much even the first time, when they had that transfer ban, but did well to finish 4th. But I remember him saying post-Chelsea how he would’ve done things a bit differently.

Frank is an intelligent guy, but I feel like he has struggled to be more decisive and clear what he wants from his teams. I think this time he might go braver, he might be more willing to show what he wants with more freedom, even if it means risking conceding more goals.

I remember him trying the Kante as a single pivot idea, which only he tried of Kante’s managers since Kante is universally known. He’s not that type of player. Will probably play Enzo there, or flip to a double pivot. We’ll see if he plays 4 or 3 at the back and what’s the attacking structure.

To me hiring Frank is an insurance policy against Chelsea finding themselves in the lower tiers of European football next year.

Yeah, the more players you have the more clarity in your own thoughts you need so you dont get confused by your options. I think that explains the big drop off between his first and second season at Chelsea as for the first year his best team largely picked itself. Obviously that challenge has been multiplied several fold now, especially with the lack of legit striker. In some ways only being caretaker should make it easier for him to simplify things by focusing only on results rather than trying to appease his boss by finding ways to use new players who dont really fit in coherently. But we’ll see.

Imagine being Potter. Sacked for Lampard…

Holy shit. He’s actually got the job for a bit. First Palace get Hodgson, who then proceeds to get Rodgers fired, and now Lampard gets a shot at a CL trophy back at Chelsea. What the fuck is actually going on?

1 Like

Well played, great sense of humor … :+1:

Gerrard’s finished as a manager but Lampard gets the Chelsea job. Lol.

Fat Frank is an arrogant guy. He might be intellectually intelligent as he’s fond of telling everyone but so far as a manager has shown a lack of intelligence. Ie, throwing his players under a bus when things go wrong.

On a interim basis for 10 games…he’s being brought back for a specific purpose not because he’s the right man for the job, same goes with Roy.

The lunatics are running the asylum at that club, nothing they’ve done in the last 9-10 months alters how other clubs will now run.