Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Maybe I’m wrong (wouldn’t be the first time), but I think he’d be class under Klopp. He’s another of those players who joined the wrong club at the wrong time.

2 Likes

Murdyk… if he was you feel he’s not going reach the level he could. A few like that.

1 Like

Another led by the £££ was nailed on for Arsenal to Chelsea flashed the readies that sums him up.

Not for the amount he was bought at. If Liverpool spent that much money on a player , I’d be looking at someone much better.

He was definitely overpriced, but that’s Chelsea for you. There’s definitely a player in there somewhere, though, and a better coach would bring that out.

3 Likes

Yeah , problem with these prices is that they raise expectations. Nothing that’s the fault of the player though. Increased price tags often do that to people.

You’re right that Klopp would make him a far better player. Klopp could probably even make Antony a better player fwiw.

Buying someone from the Ukrainian system for that money is daft to say the least , especially when you consider that the Chelsea academy is strong in its own right. It’s daft to think that Chelsea needed to buy someone for that amount of money when an academy graduate could probably give the same (with far less pressure on him and possibly more potential upside)

2 Likes

Their best player this season is arguably their own in Conor Gallagher.

2 Likes

GIF by Liverpool FC

1 Like

And he’s shite.

Think Palmer’s been their best this season.

3 Likes

I don’t think he is. They would do better setting him up and players like him than trying to replace him with yet another player who couldn’t care less bar the 8 year contract.

Sadly they will go and spend again this summer and boast all over. But I’m looking at that squad as a whole and it’s awful it cost what it did.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s possible for them to buy another lot of players. Not unless they sell some of the current bunch.

1 Like

Colwill’s looked bang average at Chelsea. To think we wanted him. I’d think Quansah is a better player than him now.

One year of stagnation when it comes to young players often derails careers. Quansah might not have been rated as high as Colwill was , but he’s improved with regular game time , playing and training with a well drilled unified side… Whereas Colwill has stagnated.

4 Likes

Quansah to me is just first team now I see him in the squad and I no longer mind. Same with Connor it’s crazy to think if I saw them on a team sheet the beginning of the season I’d think we were quite weak.

5 Likes

And they are probably going to have to sell him to balance the books - as a homegrown player, they can book the whole value of the sale.

Crazy that the system incentivises disposing of homegrown players, but there you go.

No, he obviously isn’t shite. He’s a really good young footballer, who under normal circumstances a club would be delighted to have brought through the academy. But he is arguably worth more to them as asset who can clear £50 off the books with no amortisation downside. It’s stupid.

1 Like

Conor Gallagher is 24.

He still came through their system.

Wait till his MC/Pep work ethic wears off, and he will be a Sterling.

I dont think it’s as simple as selling recently purchased players (unless at inflated prices). Selling Colwill and Gallagher will definitely help.