Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I thought the Hakimi sale covered 60% of the money they needed to raise?

It didn’t get them all the way there, but it took them of the situation of having to put their star players on the table.

1 Like

2 Likes

@Iftikhar with Origi whenever he sees an opportunity :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I wonder how many other club forums he has been visiting to offer them recommendations on Origi :rofl:

1 Like

Kepa subbed on for penalties … didn’t know he had a good record saving penalties?

Well it can’t be any worse than his record for being substituted

1 Like

Germans missing penalties. Strange times.

1 Like

For me it’s mildly annoying they’ve won CL and Super Cup so close to us doing it.

I personally never cared for Tuchel but I do believe they’re going to be a big problem this year.

1 Like

They’ll be a problem for the other teams chasing 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

For us though, they’ll be less than a minor irritation

3 Likes

Well previous two teams to win it on pens then won their domestic league but it’s based on two and one was Bayern.

Also these quirks are meant to be broken up , England losing the penalty shoot out in a final for instance when no team had won two penalty shootouts at any Euros.

They will probably be up there regardless depends if Tuchel can iron out the freak results which cropped up in his short time in charge last season.

3 Likes

Honestly, I think they are strong and will be in the mix for the title. I hope things go south, but they are not flat track bullies like City and the quality of players are on par with City’s. The added advantage for them being they have actually won CL recently which could be a big boost for a PL campaign like it was for us. It’s going to be a close one between the 3 of us, Chelsea and City by looks of it.

2 Likes

Nice set of European trophies at Chelsea now.

The main point of strength for Chelsea is that they have Tuchel all season. It may also be their weakness, as he has a tendency to really piss his players off.

There is still not one of their first eleven I’d take over any of ours.

2 Likes

I would legitimately take Kanté over Fab if I’m being honest with you. But he would be the only one.

3 Likes

Lukaku played well in Inter Milan. Hopefully, he regresses to the Man Utd version. But 100M for a 29 year old striker who probably can’t be moved on is idiocy.

1 Like

No, not over Fabinho.

But let’s be honest, Kante is one of those very, very, few players I’m envious about.

5 Likes

This is the sort of comment I criticise other people for making because there is absolutely no way you can know to have an educated comment, but ya know I just feel this one…for me Tuchel is very much in the Rodgers mold. He’s got good ideas about football. He can execute them well. If he can get his players believing in what he’s trying to do he can earn incredible buy in from them. But, there’s an unlikeable aspect about him not too far under the surface that makes him not really capable of dealing with difficult situations when things go wrong.

5 Likes

I’m not really paying much attention to the CL win as some sort of stepping stone to PL success. IIRC they got through pretty much unscathed on the injury front last year at a time where the player’s were basically playing back to back seasons.

They might surprise me/us but I think in reality they are a million miles behind in the league and have more in common with our 05 CL winning team than our 18/19 team.

1 Like

True. I was damn confident with Lampard being their manager that it will be only a matter of time and as soon as things go south, that’ll be the end of it. With Tuchel, I am not that confident. I do agree that it definitely isn’t going to be straight forward, but they seem atleast from the squad perspective closer to achieving more than they did with Lampard.

2 Likes