Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I really wanted Pulisic to be shit (just because of the hype he got in America) but I think he’s very talented. As you say, he just needs to be able to get some game in a row. Chelsea probably isn’t the place to do that, even though he’s significantly more talented than Werner.

He feels to me like the kind of guy who will find his way to Anfield one day.

1 Like

Only 7 goals conceded in 17 matches so far this season.

The draw against Burnley came out of nowhere. Were beaten by City early in the league and the draw against us but other than that they always found a way to win the games.

Their next four games Include Leicester, ManU and West Ham so there might some games where they could drop more points.

3 Likes

So Tuchel characterizes Burnley getting a draw as ‘pure luck’. It wasn’t a particularly lucky goal, it was well executed.

Tuchel is such a graceless weasel of a manager. Table aside, it can only be a matter of time before the wheels fall off.

9 Likes

I’ve disliked him since one of his first interviews he gave when taking over from Klopp at Dortmund where he appeared to blame the injuries the season before on Klopp’s training methods and was bigging up changes he had made to prevent them happening under him. He has progressed from there - says a lot at how happy Dortmund were to see him go despite doing a fairly decent job there.

9 Likes

Few more results like this (and there will be few) and Tuchel will be in his bickering best. :clap: :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s kind of why a draw wouldn’t have been bad today.

This last period was our trickiest but we need to be better we invited the attacks on today.

Anyhow we will see what happens over Xmas, we need players back but at least and hopefully this is the case we can forget about the CL and play the fringe players, might useful getting some game time in certain players like Origi, Konate, Gomez and Jones.

A couple of home games next.

Chelsea we will see what happens, I think they may face a better Man Utd if Ole is sacked, Westham are a very good side and Spurs with Conte should start to improve.

2 Likes

John Terry ‘shook hands’ on Liverpool transfer

"We’d heard Chelsea were in dire straits, and they weren’t going to offer Frank Lampard or John Terry a contract.

"After the game, as Chelsea were doing a lap of honour, Gerard Houllier said to me that Terry was a bit of a player. I agreed, adding I didn’t think they’d offered him a contract. So Houllier went and shook John Terry’s hand and asked ‘how would you like to play for Liverpool?’ and John said: ‘I’d love to, Mr Houllier.’

“After, we sent one of our coaches into the players’ lounge and asked John for his agent’s phone number. John said: ‘I’ll do more than that, here’s my personal telephone number, ask him to give us a call’.

“And a couple of weeks later, Abramovich took over, and his first dealings were signing Terry and Lampard to big contracts – so we were that far away from getting him.”

• Phil Thompson to Paddy Power podcast ‘From The Horse’s Mouth’

:see_no_evil:

1 Like

John Terry was wank. Overrated because he was English; spent more time watching balls than a Las Vegas fluffer. Second most overrated player in history, after Rooney.

Oh- and he’s a racist cunt.

3 Likes

I think there was a lot he got away with that wouldnt have if he wasnt playing for Chelsea. When you think about how dumb the handball rule is as currently applied, just remember that a significant part of it moving in that direction was giving the refs cover to penalize players for the shit terry got away with 15-20 times a season. Their defensive record under Jose was so good in part because they had 2 fucking keepers.

1 Like

Terry was a brilliant CB, I agree with Carra that he was the best PL CB of his era.

For me Terry was nowhere near as good as Ferdinand. Vidic, Campbell, King, also at least his equal. Gallas, K Toure, Kompany would also have good claims to being at least as good.

1 Like

For me, he’s in the same class as Ferdinand without doubt. Also a tiny little bit better. I don’t see anything in Terry’s game or playing career that tells me “something’s wrong there” or “he was overrated”. The rest are not at that level, only Kompany (and Campbell, yeah) I’d say. King had the potential to be at that level, too. But let’s not go too far. I just don’t see anything wrong with Terry on the pitch.

I’m not intending to belittle Terry, he was a fantastic defender over about ten years. His biggest disadvantage was his lack of pace but he compensated with excellent positional awareness.

Ferdinand had it all, as did Ledley King - who was for me the best centre back when fit. The issue was that, like Paul McGrath, he was so rarely fit.

Campbell was a defensive beast, Kompany was not as brave as Terry but he was quicker. Otherwise the two are very similar. Terry with the edge on Kompany in the air, Kompany better on the ground. Vidic had very similar attributes to Terry, but was stronger, much harder to knock off the ball. Gallas underrated but still equal to Terry in many departments, ahead in some (speed), behind in others (threat in the box).

1 Like

For me, Rio was better technically than Terry, but lacked a tiny little bit of extra defensively, which Terry had. Terry also had very underrated passing. They’re in the same highest class, with probably Terry better 1% if I had to choose.

I can agree on Kompany and Campbell, especially Vincent, who I regard as arguably the best captains/leaders I’ve seen in football. Certainly up there. That guy is incredible. Of course, Virgil will also be in that company and probably slightly surpass some of those.

King is probably one of those romanticized examples. He was very good, we all like him (what, apart from Arsenal fans, but even them would probably admit…), had the potential to be that highest class, but we just didn’t see enough due to well known reasons. Due to “what could’ve been” sometimes, we tend to overrate also.

The rest are not that level in my book, a level below is just about fine for them.

I’d rather put Carvalho ahead of a lot of those who are a level below, he was top as well.

He was a knob but up there with the best.

Terry was an amazing player, the best defender of the box in the premier league era and probably by a comfortable distance.

2 Likes

He could definitely attack the box, particularly away from home…

2 Likes

The main issue with terry was pace, and the line he then liked to keep to protect that. You didn’t see it much at Chelsea because that side was rarely under pressure (or possibly because there were other people who prevented the failing kicking in) but for england when the team came under pressure he had a tendency to drop deeper and deeper. He was fantastic if he could keep the game in front of him, but to do that he at times, in big games, caused his team a lot of problems.

As you say though, definitely under rated with the ball, but in a way he didnt make a tit of himself by over playing the way other english CBs identified as being good on the ball have had the tendency to do.

2 Likes

I might be misremembering, but did Rafa drop Terry when trying to get Chelsea to play a higher line?