Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Their team is so top heavy that it’s unworkable. Most of their money should have gone into top CB and GK. Two “boring” positions that don’t fit into the owners excitement levels.

2 Likes

If fat Fwank can’t get these players playing as a team he should be shot with a ball of his own shit.

1 Like

According to the Beeb:
FinCEN Files: Roman Abramovich had secret stakes in rival players

"Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich held secret investments in footballers not owned by his club, an investigation has discovered.

The players included the Peruvian winger Andre Carrillo, who turned out against Chelsea in Champions League matches in 2014.

He held rights in the players through a company based in the British Virgin Islands.

Mr Abramovich’s spokeswoman stressed no rules or regulations were broken.

But former Football Association chairman Lord Triesman has questioned whether it was “proper” for the owner of a football club to have an interest in players in other teams.

A leak of documents - banks’ “suspicious activity reports” - that have been called the FinCEN Files and seen by BBC Panorama - has revealed that Mr Abramovich is behind an offshore company called Leiston Holdings.

Leiston was taking stakes in footballers overseas through third-party ownership (TPO).

This is where investors buy a share of a footballer’s future transfer value from cash-strapped clubs.

The practice was banned in the English Premier League in 2008 but not [internationally until 2015.]
Chelsea faced Sporting Lisbon in the Champions League group stage in 2014.

And Carrillo lined up for Sporting in both matches.

So in [Lisbon in September] and [Stamford Bridge in December,] Mr Abramovich had an interest in 12 players on the pitch.

Lord Triesman told Panorama: ‘I don’t think it can possibly be proper for the owner of a football club to own players in other football clubs. That is precisely why third-party ownership is banned.’

‘It casts suspicion and a shadow right across football. On the documents I’ve seen I would’ve wanted, as chairman of the FA, to investigate them.’

It comes as Mr Abramovich appears to be making [heavy investments in Chelsea] again this year.

In December 2016, a suspicious activity report (SAR) was filed about Mr Abramovich.

It identified more than $1bn of “suspicious payments involving offshore shell companies” - firms functioning only to manage the money put in them.

The SAR said many of the shell companies were ‘owned by Roman Abramovich… one of Russia’s most powerful oligarchs with close ties to Moscow & Vladimir Putin’."*

Can @Kopstar throw any light on the possible ramifications, if any, for cheatski.

5 Likes

Unfortunately there aren’t any. As the article identifies, TPO wasn’t banned worldwide until 2015 (Portugal being one of the last to do so) and the ban only extended to new 3rd party investment. Existing TPO had to be bought out at the next contract renewal or transfer so there were still a number of players with TPO for a few years after 2015, quite legitimately.

3 Likes

Thanks. I was rather hoping that the author of the article might have got it wrong. :rage:

Waiting for emails on shady betting practices prior to the game in Lisbon.

Think frank’s insecurities are trickling down to the team.

I think it was more of Havertz trying to drag our players out of position etc etc and trying to play the Bobby role. Our Players weren’t having that.

Frank is tactically naive and it would take a better manager to enable Havertz to play better.

1 Like

Havertz looked even worse in the first half against Brighton.

Seriously think that he need to work on his body or he could become a huge flop in England.

1 Like

If Havertz had signed for Liverpool he would be nurtured and slowly brought into the fold.

Lampard thinks he’s playing FM.

Wouldn’t be surprised is Kai follows the likes of Salah and KBD…

4 Likes

Who are Sarah and KBD?

Salah and Kevin De Bruyne :upside_down_face:

1 Like

And he has the luxury to do so, Klopp didn’t have it for Robbo at least. But he still didn’t feature him for 6 months.

Frank has a good team, without those new signings, who proved themselves last season. Could have easily got these new players integrating slowly. But hey when your boss gets you a shiny new player, you have to play him. Especially if you are not a manager who knows his shit and has any authority to negate that.

1 Like

Both Chelsea and United have interesting GK situations now.

Both starters haven’t started well, and both clubs have invested in one way or another in their second options.

Let’s see how it pans out.

1 Like

With Man Utd it was the defence In front of him on Saturday, though with Henderson it will be can he play for that bigger side. It would be your worry if you signed Pope.

Martinez is a shrewd signing for Villa, a keeper who has proven himself at Arsenal and will be a rock for Villa.

1 Like

I’m not convinced that any of these new keepers will last 3 years as a viable starting option.

Martinez is an interesting one, but the jury should still be out on him. He effectively got 1/4 of the regular season, and cup games. The Premier league matches were all after the restart, and the games were not the same as they would have been with regular fans. His biggest 2 opponents after the restart were Wolves and Liverpool - 2 teams that didn’t play well after the restart. He could become a top keeper, but he is 28 and hadn’t turned heads until now.

ManUtd have issues in defense - and de Gea is nowhere near the level he was 3-5 years ago. Henderson might come good, or he could falter when the big games are on him - only time will tell but it will take a lot to displace de Gea while Ole is around.

Chelsea have picked up the player with the best recent play, but at age 28, he’s only had 2 years as a starter for a club at the top level - both in France and first with Riems and then with Rennes. Now the French league has a couple good teams, but top to bottom nothing like the Premier League so even he is a hopeful.

Hat-trick for Havertz. League Cup against Barnsley but still…

They’re 5-0 up after an hour and he’s now been taken off.

1 Like

Some terrible defending though, but also nice little assists/link up play from Abraham.

…who will be dropped for the weekend.

2 Likes

Maybe I wrote off Havertz too soon, should give the lad confidence, however if he goes back to the performances against us and especially Brighton at the weekend I’d have some concerns if I was a Chelsea fan.

To me it’s far too many changes and they haven’t even brought the ones in defence, going take sure time and as we know you need to keep winning in this league.

Saying all that if or when they gel they will be a good side so getting 3 points at Stamford Bridge was good regardless but might be even better when the dust settles.

Still don’t rate their defence and that’s not changed. And I don’t think the acquisitions will make it that much better, unless the goalkeeper is a stunning unearthed talent.