Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

I’ve always thought it’s going to be very hard for them to find time for Werner, Havertz, Ziyech, Pulisic, Abraham, and CHO - all younger players who will want to feature regularly. A couple of them will probably end up wanting to leave.

From what i’ve heard of the new keeper from people who watch french football. He’s just an average guy (average still has to be better than kepa and a massive improvement though) , but he doesn’t like to play out from the back (which frankie is keen on his keepers to do…

1 Like

There was one french goalie who stood out and I thought it was him but it wasn’t. If he doesn’t play out from the back then I don’t see how much better he is for them than Kepa, it seems they’ve gone oh 6ft 4 he must be good.

@mattyhurst none of us has written off any of the signings. But with 5-6 new faces in the starting XI, Chelsea will take time to develop as a team.

Havertz is decent but it will take him time to make a mark in the prem.
Doing it against a much changed Barnsley in a comp they dont care about is a bit different to playing someone like us where he got nothing out of VVD and Fab.
He needs to bulk up a bit as well.

This seems to be a Cech signing a reliable keeper. He either wants Frankie to stop passing back to the keeper or he probably figures Frank’s not long for the job and wants to get the best available guy through.

I said myself to be fair and yes a much changed Barnsley side proves nothing but tell that to the world of punditry.

2 Likes

My issue is that Frankie’s too tactically naive to even develop this team. I see the same mistakes being repeated in defense. Forget even Kepa, Frank doesn’t know how to set up his team to be dealing with setpieces

1 Like

Had to laugh the other day when he said he thought their performance against us was better than their win at Brighton.

Chelsea/Frankie needs just few games to go wrong. Frankie will then start trying all sorts of combinations and they will be a proper struggling team.

Only regret is that Mourinho might take advantage of that.

Pulisic Werner Havertz
Kante Jorginho Kovacic
Chilwell Silva Zouma James
GK?

With Azpilicueta, Rudiger, Christensen, Tomori, Mount, Barkley, Ziyech, Giroud, Abraham, CH-O, RL-C, Gilmour, Emerson, Alonso…that’s a pretty decent group of 24 outfield players.

Too many, of course.

Press rumours of Rudiger, Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, and Abraham all potentially available on loan (or permanent) with Aston Villa among the clubs interested in Barkley and RL-C.

Chelsea always have big rosters, that’s nothing new. A number of them will leave for sure until October 5th. We also need to offload now.

2 Likes

£71 Million down the drain. Should have binned him when he refused to come off the pitch that time. I wonder if he’ll find another club before Karius?

4 Likes

Interesting bit from The Athletic’s article on Mendy:

This is another key factor why Mendy has been approached. Chelsea have identified that Mendy has a far better ability with the ball at his feet than Kepa and back-up Willy Caballero, especially when it comes to kicking the ball long. With Timo Werner and Kai Havertz providing the side with more pace in attack, the prospect of trying to find them with quick clearances from the area — just as Alisson and Ederson do for Liverpool and Manchester City — is an appealing tactic to Lampard. Even if it doesn’t work as part of an attacking ploy, it will help relieve the pressure from teams that press them high up the pitch like Liverpool did to great success.

Let’s see.

1 Like

I think Chelsea now have the second best squad in the league.

Liverpool
Chelsea
City
United
Arsenal
Tottenham
Wolves
Leicester
Everton
Villa

Agree, however they don’t have the 2nd best team, far from it.

3 Likes

They’re still not better than the other cheating bastards,close but not for me.

4 Likes

A real question for them is how they handle that squad, because if I’m Tammy Abraham I’m fucking fuming right now and telling my agent to get me out.

That dressing room has a history of being toxic, and it won’t take much.

2 Likes

Not just Tammy, CHO must be in that category also.

I’d take either at our club.

1 Like