Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Maybe, but the UK sanctions have gone nowhere near that far. The most likely regime would see them in a form of administration, continuing to operate but under some sort of trustee.

1 Like

Ta. Agreed the current sanctions don’t go that far. I’m starting to feel they should if a more direct action isn’t really an option.

I currently feel the UK has adopted a bit of a Ken Dodd approach.

No, why should it? If he owned shares in BAE it wouldnt be shut down, he would lose ownership of the shares either temporarily or permanently)

If he personally owned a missile factory it might get shut down but that might depend on where it was selling to. More likely like @Arminius says it keeps running but placed under some other ownership structure.

Dont see how that debt is insurance if the sanctions come in…

Any sanctions on Abramovich would not have any immediate impact on Chelsea. In fact, the immediate impact is only likely to arise if Abramovich thinks sanctions might be coming; that could be the incentive needed for him to start calling in his debt. Once sanctions hit, he wouldn’t be able to do that.

2 Likes

I think that article gets it dramatically wrong. If his assets are frozen, he has no ability to recall the loan, taking the capital out of the club.

2 Likes

The kid learnt a valuable lesson, go for the legs.

4 Likes

That’s fine, I would just like the sanctions to really bite. Currently I don’t think they do, I’m not even sure he’s on the UK’s list at the moment.

Top comment from a chelski fan:
If Chelsea are to be seized and become state owned, they should unionize the squad and distribute the goals equally. This way, at least Lukaku would have an excuse for being basically level on goals with Reece James and Chilwell (whos been out for 3 months).

2 Likes

Why are the politicians making such a fuss out of this when they had 100% legitimate reasons to deny/discourage/prevent the Saudi purchase of Newcastle? In comparison is Roman in the same universe as the Saudi’s, from a pov of evil/unethical behaviour?

Let me guess, they have more to gain from being friends with the Saudi’s rather than some generic billionaire with no real power? Surely I’m not a cynical old conspiracy theorist (or old git).

2 Likes

Fify

1 Like
1 Like

Have you seen how friendly they are with Russia?

At the end of the day ones turned despotic and is invading a legitimate state, this is probably the most legitimate conflict since Afghanistan to a point.

The fact is Tuchel used the last game to heap praise on the owners passion. I can’t see a similar quote being uttered on Sunday if they win but we are fighting a sports wash on Sunday our club represents something slightly bigger for once even if it is insignificant.

5 Likes

I’m bothered by Bojo!

Ok, he’s a bumbling idiot, with delusions of grandeur; a liar, a shagging philanderer, a rule breaking party goer, party hoster, and a scruffy bugger to boot.

But now he is steam-rollering kids? That takes the biscuit. Competitive dad syndrome.

1 Like

It was years ago

2 Likes

He’s always been like that there is another in which he takes our a kid with a tackle that would deserve a red card it’s been part of his persona creation.

Effectively he’s a gimmick.

Bit like buying a football club to create a totally benign persona.

1 Like

Dirty team,dirty tactics, dirty owner, dirty money…what more can i say…

1 Like

Horrible racist cunts too

4 Likes

I don’t think tomorrow’s game will go without comments and incident …i hope putins kiss bottom friend doesn’t appear…there willbe ructions…

1 Like