Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Would be to kick Chelsea, Cheaty and Sandcastle out of the Football League.

6 Likes

They can take Everton with them also.

2 Likes

Nah we need a chuckle

That’s what United are for

It’s good to have more than one.

A name change is necessary.

1 Like

Definitely a point worth remembering ahead of the silly season. Last summer there were some who were all in with Saul as on paper he certainly looked the real deal, ticked lots of boxes etc and then we ‘lost out’ to Chelsea. I definitely thought he looked like a great option.

Now either we weren’t actually ever in for Saul as Klopp implied (though it may not have been true).

Or we were but he turned out to be a flop. Although that may be more to do with Chelsea than the player as the same happens to a number of their signings.

Regardless, the same applies this year. If we don’t get X player it may be we never wanted them, or at least not beyond a certain price, or if they go elsewhere, there’s no guarantee they’ll match their previous levels in a different league or a different system.

While our recruitment hasn’t been 100% it’s been so good so often that I have absolute faith that we’ll come out the other side in a good place with the squad and not regret our missed transfers too much. I can’t actually think of a major target in the last 5 years that we definitely missed out on that we didn’t end up signing a better player or who went elsewhere and smashed it. Though I guess that there may be a player I forgot.

4 Likes

Closest would be Goretzka

2 Likes

Was already thrown about at Atletico, covering at LB, etc. Seemed like his importance as a midfielder dropped. Wasn’t happy covering all kinds of other positions. Then, couldn’t get more game time at Chelsea and just acted there as a 4th or even 5th (because of Loftus-Cheek) choice. I guess he goes back to Atletico and figures out what to do next, even if there might not be a lot of options. He’s one of those who signed I believe a 9-year deal, so he has still 4 years on his current Atletico deal. Maybe finds himself a loan in Spain at a club that will give him more trust and game time.

1 Like

New owners say that FFP is a real thing, so don’t be expecting lots of spending. Plus, Clearlake Capital has to make 18% on its investment.

2 Likes

Already making excuses that they won’t be able to spent as much as they did under Roman.

They might find themselves in upper midtable soon like Arsenal did since Wenger left.

3 Likes

Oh no. So, no Kane, Pedri, Rice, Kimmich, Lautaro, Joao Felix, Alphonso Davies, Barella, De Ligt and every other 70m+ player?

The world is really not a fair place…

3 Likes

Yeah, no one who is using money from a company like Clearlake to fund the acquisition is going to spending money on players for fun. They will have money to spend if they think they need it, but it will ONLY be spend where there is potential for a return on investment. This is very much a business acquisition, not a rich guy’s play thing.

As for the players, I am confused about Azpilacueta. I’d read that chelsea had a clause for an extra year they could activate and read that they did, but Barca are still talking like they’re going to be able to get him for free this summer. They have released Alves and are still trying to move on Dest so seem to think they are getting another RB from somewhere.

2 Likes

They have a fair bit of asset that they will no doubt make a fair bit from mind in the first instance.

I just read a staggering statistic that it took me several reads to understand what it was saying. Paraphrased, what is said was…

According to Deloitte, from 2002-03 to the end of 04, so from the beginning of the season before Roman bought them to the end of his first year, wages at Chelsea rose 110% (over doubled). For context, this was not yet a period of growth as wages for the other 19 clubs went down.

Keep in mind this was already a CL level team on CL level wages by the time he bought them and he still managed to double their salary commitments with near enough a click of his fingers.

2 Likes

It does sound like they’re going to have a bit of a bump back down to earth as regards spending.

1 Like

Looks like theyre spending a few Sterling on Sterling.

The cunts still had over 20 players out on loan last season, they will sell a couple and but more flops. :grin:

2 Likes

Have they signed anything for defence?

I haven’t seen anything yet.