Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Wimps…

1 Like

I agree with the stance, and Kante and Loftus-Cheek need to give their heads a wobble.

Still, it’s also easy to point out that America has many millions of unvaccinated people, a civil discourse on covid that is embarrassing, and the highest body count of any country in the world.

The desire to keep people out, in order to protect the country, seems reasonable, but also somewhat misplaced, considering there is so much here that is rotting it from within.

10 Likes

Agree. Sometimes virtue signaling is part of a Public Health policy, but at this point with the unconstrained community transmission occurring among US citizens, there is very little direct public health reasons to maintain the policy.

But, to keep the post on thread - chelsea are cunts so LOL at them.

5 Likes

To be fair to Kante, I seem to remember him being upfront about his reasoning for not getting vaccinated - family history of heart issues - when it first came up.

1 Like
2 Likes

Thats the Sterling deal pretty much done. Sounds like down to medical now. Sterling is a quality footballer, and a much smarter purchase than the likes of Lukaku. He’ll score 20 goals a season minimum as usual (across all comps).

He doesnt, however, solve the major Chelsea issues in defence and midfield.

2 Likes

One thing that gets overlooked is despite having 120 attacking midfielders and forwards, Chelsea don’t actually score many goals. Sterling will instantly be their best attacking player.

2 Likes

Defence I understand but why midfield? They’ve got Kante, Kovacic, and the Brazitalian fella

Actually you’re right…major isn’t the right word for it in midfield having thought about it.

Theres been a lot of rumours and chat that Kante and Jorginho both want out. Kante now being linked with Arsenal (bbc).

Beyond those two, they’ve got Kovacic, Mount, Loftus-Cheek, Gallagher, Gilmour, and somehow, Barkley is still there.

If they lose either of the aforementioned, i dont think the remainder are bad, but they wont be winning the PL.

1 Like

Sterling back in London, but remains at a top and competitive club. New challenge, while Chelsea get a more proven wide forward for their system. Can play either side off Havertz. The idea is probably have him compete more inside left, which means threatening Werner. Who maybe they manage to sell, maybe they keep as a backup for another season. Remains to be seen what else they do in the forward line with maybe one more player if Ziyech (who was never a guaranteed starter anyway, a bit of a meh transfer in the end after a lot of early hype) leaves, plus at CB.

Way I see it, he strengthened Chelsea but hurts Man City a little bit.

Also it doesn’t as others have said help the major issue which is their backline

Raheem Sterling set to become Chelsea’s highest-paid player, sources have told ESPN

They could still decide to keep Gallagher as part of their CM options, actually it probably will happen. Him taking basically Saul’s spot, while Loftus-Cheek is still there. Seems like after Sterling, at least one (if not two) CB is on the agenda and then possibly another forward. Yesterday it’s been said on the Athletic that Tuchel wants to have the possibility to switch to a back 4 at some point.

2 Likes

Looks like he will sign a 5+1 contract, which will take him until he’s 33/34-years old.

Big deal which could be his last at the top level.

Nice tour around 3 of the biggest sides in England.

1 Like

is that because he is the only one getting paid? :joy: “only one greedy bastard”

Apparently Kante is the current highest at £290k p/w, so imagine that means Sterling will be on north of £300k p/w.

LOL.

2 Likes

In some ways it makes sense given they are short on defenders and well stocked in other areas, so the move could help them get more of their midfield and forwards on the pitch. The drawback is of the defenders they used last season, the two most capable of switching to a back 4 are the 2 they lost, with their 2 most senior CBs left (Silva and Ake), more effective in a 3.

1 Like

Chelsea - new owners same odd transfers.

Koulibaly - its a risk spending ££ on someone who is ageing and has played in Italy the last few years against slower players.
Sterling - Odd choice again. Could be coming into his prime - might have already had his prime. Who knows.

If this was 2017 Id say it was a good window for them. But its 2022.

1 Like

The way they play, the main miss is going to be Rudiger by a long shot.

3 Likes

we are all ageing and i said something similar about salah and the different style of football. Napoli have done well against us so he can’t be that bad.