Darwin NUNEZ: 2024/25

That wasn’t his job…he is always best at the last line of defence…I don’t get why Slot couldn’t use him as the first name to replace Jota should Jota be tired?

1 Like

80% of the team were out of sorts yesterday. There was no plan with any of the subs, so what did you expect?

I don’t see how him staying in Liverpool makes any bit of difference? He didn’t start the game.

Time to start the guy……

2 Likes

Dear Arne, you haven’t seen anything yet.

:joy:

7 Likes

I liked Arne’s next line: “Okay, maybe you are a better footballer than I was in the past.”

6 Likes

1 Like

Someone hide the Nunez highlights video.

1 Like

“Highlights” he says :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Sounds like clickbait from that specific fan group to get a reaction.

Sad really when our fan base does it.

2 Likes

Slot actually said it.

3 Likes

He did and followed it up with that and yet our fanbase clickbaiters will simply slice half a quote to make a meal out of it.

Sorry I just feel it seems somewhat agenda based in my view. The whole quote was amusing so why cut it at the point it looks nasty.

6 Likes

Don’t think this will work long term.

He might hit a better period when he gets into a rhythm of games and a few goals, but I don’t think it will be enough to become what we planned and hoped for initially.

If he gets 4 seasons at Liverpool, it’s more than enough time and chances. Even too much, considering what he showed so far.

Contract up until 2028, so 3 years left on his deal next summer, doesn’t help us with potentially attracting interest.

We might depend on higher activity in the market with strikers, to create room and willingness somewhere to take him.

Technically not clean enough and not intelligent enough. Not enough progress.

3 Likes

Yeah, intelligence is the problem and you can’t teach that.

1 Like

I can see why fans still love him. He has many of the attributes to be a prime Torres, but just seems thick as mince. Like he’s on a completely different wavelength to rest of the team.

I’m starting to lose faith that it’s going to work, especially under Slot. Though really hope I’m proved wrong

2 Likes

It’s like comparing a bread knife to a stiletto.

2 Likes

Does have the pace and physicality.

Doesn’t have the finishing and finesse. I’m not sure you can teach that finishing ability.

Marc Gonzalez had the raw physical tools but he’ll never be a Robbie Fowler.

We took a punt but it hasn’t worked out the way we had hoped.

Don’t think we would have signed him had Edwards been in charge.

He had some key goals early last season but when the pressure built late in the season the goals dried up. Not the kind of striker you can rely on.

1 Like

I just, like, this is just feels dirty… In the same sentence, paragraph, essay, these names shall never be uttered together.

2 Likes

Seems like he had that finishing ability in Lisbon, and he still does for Uruguay. Does he unlearn it whenever he’s playing for LFC?

1 Like

It seems that we shouldn’t be signing players on the basis of their performances against us in CL - Minamino and Nunez were amazing and I was over the moon when we signed them but turned out to be pretty average with odd flashes of brilliance.

I gave up on Nunez a while, with him it’s about not damaging his reputation, so that our losses when he’s sold are as low as possible. I wish Atletico took a liking to him.

1 Like

Quite a few LFC supporters had Grav and Gakkers in the questionable category last season. Maybe put it down to the Slot effect or time to adapt - whatever, they have come good.

So I still hold some hope for Nunez. Agree he ain’t Einstein but surely the consistency and finishing will come. But fast getting put in the last chance saloon.

1 Like