Surname: Nunez
Squad Number: 9
Position: Forward
D.O.B.: 24.06.1999.
Town of Birth: Artigas
Country of Birth: Uruguay
Nationality: Uruguayan

1 Like

2023/24: 54 games, 3026 mins, 18 goals and 13 assists.

https://x.com/RodrigoRomano76/status/1828083732072239578

Ugh, I’d forgotten about this.

Hopefully, Darwin is not banned!

That poor person who got 5/6 on Super 6 and needed LFC to win 3-0 to win a milion knew his dream had died when Darwin came on.

Arnie has his work cut out with this lad. Firstly someone needs to expalin to him what offside its.

This is his third season now… We can only hope he continues getting the support from the fans to help his confidence… Otherwise…

2 Likes

Well, I’m a bit tired from supporting him. Sometimes it’s fair to accept that not every player can make it here. Early days in the season but I wouldn’t be surprised if he was to Slot what Benteke was to Klopp, only some rich man’s version of him.

He can be a good player on his day but is probably unsuited to Liverpool in terms of playing style. Nunez just doesn’t strike me as someone who exudes calmness and patience that Slot seems to require from his players. Not to mention the offside trap awareness and profligacy in front of the goal…

I’m afraid that the next big test of Hughes’ credentials will be recouping as much money as possible from his sale. To be honest, I feel almost indifferent about all of it, which is probably the most damning verdict I can give on a player.

2 Likes

Bet you never opened the thread when we were linked to him? :joy:

Maybe there’s a reason Nikola opens threads ?

1 Like

Nikola thread…

4 Likes

Didn’t want the million anyway, was just happy to see Nunez on.

NuNeZ! NuNeZ! NuNeZ!

It’s going to be a defining season for him isn’t it? Whether he has the mentality to make it into the Slot era. I think everyone needs to show their worth of course but this is the time where players like Nunez show their mentality whether it’s make or break. Will continue to support regardless of his performance as long he respects the club and coach and hopefully he makes himself a mainstay

1 Like

https://x.com/TheAnfieldBuzz/status/1828790585043624191

https://x.com/pasefiltradope/status/1828797346345304126

So no Uruguay matches until November or thereabouts. That might actually help him focus on fitting into Slot’s plans.

10 Likes

I hope he grabs the chance with both hands especially when cup ties and league games are going to fly left, right, centre!

1 Like

And at least we know of 1 player that won’t be flying halfway around the world only to return injured for the next couple of months.

Maybe we should encourage a few more of our players to try something similar :wink:

1 Like

I don’t get it…How is he so out of sorts yesterday despite staying at LFC for the whole break?

What was he supposed to do? Get the ball at midfield and dribble past most of their team to get in a scoring position?

We couldn’t provide him with any sort of service.

1 Like

Obviously be Messi and Gerrard combined.

Should have started with him IMO. Could have done with a bit of Captain Chaos to manufacture a goal in the first half. Feels like he’s down on confidence compared to how Jurgen gave him that belief. Especially after he came through his tough spell of getting sent off against Palace.