Ding Dong.....the US Politics Thread (Part 1)

I’m not really following these stories very well so I’m just going to verify my understanding of the Hunter story.

A band of twats that fight against gun legislation are piling pressure on some twat that had a gun so they can put pressure a ‘the big twat’ (president) who would like some meaningful gun legislation.

is that about it?

1 Like
2 Likes

This doesnt really have anything to do with the gun charge or impacts it would have on legislation. The Trump 2020 campaign focused on the Biden Crime family’s corruption, and centered it around his one remaining living son, Hunter (see Trump’s first impeachment and the “laptop from hell”). The stink that kicked up led to Barr’s DoJ to go on a fishing expedition and find a couple of issues Hunter will have to face, all completely distinct from the Biden Crime Family narrative. These promised investigations are a continuation into the 2020 Trump campaign slurs that are distinct from the ongoing DoJ cases against Hunter.

1 Like

That I had gathered. It’s the other details you outline I’m not keeping up with. Anyway thanks, surely a good summary. If ever I have an afternoon to waste catching up I know where to start.

1 Like

You couldn’t make this shit up even if you tried. This is why you should never listen to rich people, they are full of shit and the biggest hypocrits on earth (and space when it comes to this goon).

4 Likes

Will Musk run for 2024, or is it too soon?

Musk v Trump v DeSantis

Battle to the death

Bring it on

Fight Punch GIF by Godzilla vs. Kong

He can’t. He’s a naturalized citizen.

1 Like

But he could back someone born in the US.

Boris Johnson GIF

He’s from SA so can’t, I think.

It would be hilarious for Musk to run for President (if he was eligible, which he isn’t). Would be a massive dent to his ego when he suddenly found out that having a bunch of fan boys on twitter is not the same thing as being popular in real life.

On another note, noticed something interesting on my run this morning. “Trump House”, a building in my town the is covered top to bottom in Trump flags and signs, has suddenly removed all of the Trump stuff. There is still a “Lets go Brandon” flag, but now instead of Trump stuff everywhere there is just a huge US flag. Given that this house has been displaying Trump flags since at least 2016 then I find that pretty noteworthy.

5 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

He’s full of himself right now

Biden needs to think about stepping down, and the best timing for that. He won the Presidency fair and square, by many millions of votes. And he has done ok in office, delivering some important legislation and generally adding some dignity or normalcy back to the office.

But…

He is too old! When you listen to him speak he gets a bit mumbled and it is like he is searching for the word to use. The faculties aren’t quite there. And I say this as a fan.

For all I know he might remain the best option to win an election due to name recognition, but he really needs to be thinking about handing it over.

2 Likes

He always has been though. I do think he’s too old, but I don’t think you can take much from his public speaking to justify that.

1 Like

Years ago I was DC for work and after starting the day with my boss in a Georgetown cafe for morning coffee, I walked out one way to go to my next meeting, and he went off the other to go for a run. Behind me I heard a bang and then a commotion and turned around to fund my boss lying in the road surrounded by a bunch of people in suits. He’d ran into and knocked over the then senator Biden, who picked himself up and dusted himself off.

Later that day we saw him being interviewed on one of the politics shows and he was slurring. My boss was paranoid he’d given the guy a concussion and I had to reassure him that was how Biden always spoke.

2 Likes

He’ll probably run. One of my buddies is convinced he’ll make some deal where he dumps Harris and runs with someone a little more popular. His proxy was Gavin Newsom. Not sure swapping one Cali pol for another is a winning idea. Wonder if someone will rise to challenge him. In case you’re wondering, only one sitting president was ever toppled by his party when running for re-election, and that was before primary elections. Franklin Pierce was ousted by Democratic Party leadership at the 1856 convention.

Biden’s a bumbler, though, and it will only get worse. “Good people of Colombia!” while standing in Cambodia.

Gavin Newsom was running ads targeting FL and having a pop at DeSantis.

I half wonder if the pair of them will be the standard bearers in the next round.