Diogo JOTA: 2021/22

Commentator said that he scored five goals out of his twelve PL goals for Liverpool with his head, having scored none for Wolves. It is worrisome, however, that the finishing with his feet has let him down in the past month or so. He was by far the most economic finisher at the club last season, he’s now missing open goals or shooting straight at the goalie.

1 Like

Blowing rather hot and cold this season, isn’t he? Put on some defensive shifts against WHU.

according to SportsBible Jota was participating in a FIFA 22 International qualifying tournament prior to Liverpool’s game against Southampton. Furthermore, it is said that Jota had to leave the game early and forfeit in the fourth round in order to join up with the rest of the squad in time. That would then explain his goal celebration on the day. The Reds fans will undoubtedly be grateful that he was able to drop one game, in order to make the other one on time. And to them? That’s the one that mattered any way!

2 Likes

That’s brilliant.

I think he is slowly becoming my favourite player (odd crush as well).

1 Like

He and Trent I think are the best players among footballers.

That turn, which was totally unexpected and that finish from that angle. He’s such an amazing find! I never thought we would be this incredible without Bobby, but Jota has made it possible to it remain seamless. One of the top strikers I would say.

7 Likes

We could call him Sniper or Hitman but he chose to do the :crocodile: celebration and now he is ‘Crocodile Diogo’

1 Like

Fantastic little goal. He’s got very good balance on the ball and those shifts from his stronger foot to his weaker foot and vice versa. I also like how he’s helping our midfield, he knows what Bobby usually does and that he can’t copy him 100%, but he can’t be blind and ignorant either and just run forward, needs to provide the team with what the team is used to also in certain phases of the game.

4 Likes

Pac-Man maybe?

2 Likes

Lovely little move to finish it past dinosaur arms

1 Like

His all round game is improving. He’s starting to influence the game from deeper positions. The finish tonight reminded me of Fowler. Just brilliant. He’s two footed, good in the air. He’s got everything. We’re watching another good player become a great player under Klopp.

11 Likes

I would have said before this season he is the best finisher we have but Salah has improved himself in that department

1 Like

Some ten minutes before his goal, camera panned to him and I thought “wow, his face really does remind me of Torres, he just needs a clean shave and a different haircut” and then he goes on to score that goal (I remembered Torres trying something similar versus Fabio Cannavaro but Casillas saved it).

1 Like

Incredible find by our scouts, he’s not even close to the finished article yet.

1 Like

Let’s hope he stays fit. With ANC round the corner Jota will likely be our main attacking hope. Hopefully we get Bobby back soon too :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Sensational goal last night. He’ll get 25 this season if he stays fit.

That left foot shot last night was the nearest I have seen to the Fowler goal he blasted past Peter Schmeichel at Old Toilet… :+1:

2 Likes

We like Brazilians who don’t look like Brazilians (before someone says Bobby, he looks like a clown from another planet) and Portuguese who don’t look Portuguese. Jota looks more Irish.

:joy:

2 Likes

I remember thinking 40m was an awful lot of dough for a player not yet totally proven in the EPL. At the time I would have actually preferred we got the other one (Neto) from Wolves. He looked the better player to me.

Wrong again.

Jota is such a clever footballer when you watch him closely. Always trying to wangle an advantage from any situation and when he’s on it his decision making is excellent.

He just needs to add consistency to his game , and hopefully the run in the team now and the form he has found can continue. It’s no good him being a 9 out of 10 for a couple of games and then weirdly going missing. We need him to be a 7 or an 8 every game.

Just one more that we found that now has the world at his feet.

1 Like

What a player this lad is. Looked a bit like Suarez last night - had that pain in the arse quality about him constantly buzzing around and generally being a pain - but then had a touch of quality in possession.

Hard to see how Firmino gets his place back to be honest. Jota simply looks a better option for us.

4 Likes