Diogo JOTA: 2021/22

2 Likes

It’s a great goal, but what was the goalie doing? (sorry, I’ve forgotten his name)
Surely if he’d stood tall at the near post he’d have had a chance of stopping it.
Anyway, let’s not take anything away from Jota. The guy is on fire at the moment.

Reminded me a bit of a goal Aguero scored against us at the Etihad. The power generated on his weaker foot is something else.

Jota just needs to steadily improve his link up play and we’ll be witnessing our next great forward. His movement is clever, finishes well with both feet, great in the air. Works tirelessly off the ball.

He’s getting better but I think there’s more to come.

2 Likes

I do my best to suppress it from my memory but, yeah, it was a magnificent goal, ultimately worthy of a PL title, unfortunately.

Would have smashed him in the face and take him into the net with it, such was the ferocity. It’s Pickford, btw, and as loathe as I am to wish injury on a player the more I think of it the more I kind of wish he did stand tall…

Haha, true that for Jota (then again, Torres never looked “Spanish” to me either with the dyed blond hair and all)! As for the Brazilians in Liverpool… Well, football players can hardly be more “Brazilian” than Coutinho (name, style, substance, everything fit). The others… Not so much. :joy: I wouldn’t mind having another Coutinho in his prime in this Liverpool side, though, albeit one more adjusted to the formation and system.

Next training session:

Show Jota a clip of Ronny Rosenthal against Villa to let him know his miss only ranks a distant second behind.

Every player misses them, lad needs to be supported not some of the crap I’ve seen on Twitter. If he hadn’t had scored about 3 or 4 decisive goals last autumn we wouldn’t have even been able to charge to the CL.

He will be thankful for Origi tonight but he will pop up with the decisive goals at some point.

6 Likes

I mean for that matter he’s scored many valuable goals this season as well…

4 Likes

Crazy thing is he showed composure to not rush his shot. It would have been easy to try to take it early as Coady was running back towards the line, but he took his touch and realized he had time and then got himself into an absolutely cannot miss position…and then did that. Pretty much inconceivable miss.

2 Likes

At least Origi saved his bacon here. To be fair to him he also had an amazing goal at Goodison among others, so this is very much the blip rather than the trend…

Twitter is not real life. Just attention whores.

Those making comments like that have attention spans of a few minutes.

1 Like

Bad miss, but it happens. Pick yourself up and go for the next one.

He is better when he has so little time I’ve noticed. When he has the time in the world it’s usually in the stand.

Just one of those days. He did create a beautiful one by passing to Robbo that ended up being missed. The good thing is he was this involved to get into such positions and create those. And it’s not like finishing isn’t his forte.

3 Likes

He is gonna be a great player for us, if he continues being this good but cannot deny this is probably contender for miss of the season. Not many misses worse than this.

As others have said against any other team on any other ground Jota slides that one into the corner. His head went. It happens. It’s how he now reacts to it which is important. I did wonder whether the goal would even had stood because it looked to me like he may have pushed the defender into the keeper in the build up. Might have got away with it on the VAR review. Maybe not, but he definitely owes Divock a bloody big drink.

2 Likes

Got the monkey off his back, good job :clap:

2 Likes

4 Likes

He’s a real sharpshooter isn’t he. I can see him developing into a 30 goal a season striker. In fact, he might already be there.

3 Likes