Diogo JOTA: 2021/22

He’s a fucking beast! 25 and is going to be a huge huge superstar. Reminds me so much of Suarez, just got that edge to his game which I love.

4 Likes

52 games
3306 mins
25 goals

Not bad :blush:

1 Like

Yep , just enough know-how and deviousness , without being an absolute cunt about it.

3 Likes

He reminds me more of a meaner (I mean defensively in terms of pressing) version of Mertens, sort of similar evolution as well. Dries is perhaps more creative outside the box, Jota runs in behind more, but can also combine. Both are showing they can play either from the left or up top.

Loved that header on the weekend

1 Like

It’s not like defenders can show him on to his weaker side because he hasn’t got one. I don’t know what JK said at half time but he was a man possessed in that second half. Glorious snide celebration in front of their fans at the end too.

3 Likes

I was surprised when he took the penno with his right to be honest with you.

For such a seemingly quiet lad he’s got a real hard streak about him. He definitely seemed to be bouyed last night by something going on with the leicester crowd. Not only did he love giving it to them after the winning pen, but fucking with them was also his first reaction to Minamino’s goal last night as well.

2 Likes

Has he got a song yet?

He’s got a bit of shitehousery in his locker. There was that elbow incident on the young Leicester fullback - if VAR was there he could have been in trouble. I love it, especially his giving it to the Leicester fans at the end - they deserved that for their chants.

Maybe its the Portuguese blood - Ronaldo, Pepe, Bruno Fernandes, Bernardo Silva, and Figo, to name a few, have/had needle about them. Jots does too.

2 Likes

I dont think there was anything in that alleged elbow incident. I think it was far more a case of a Mark Hughes style making someone physically fight you to win the ball from him than anything nasty.

If you going to name a few, then you have to at least start with Abel Xavier, he had enough needle to play for us, after getting sick of the bitters.

I agree - but VAR have some eyesight issues and often make it up as they go along!

Yep, he’s ruthless. If I had any small complaint with our illustrious three it was all a bit nice. Smiling after missing etc.

None of that with Jota, he’s been one of Edwards and the scouting teams best, such a perfect fit.

1 Like

I’ve got an idea for a song for all our forwards, but it needs a bit of work. Bear with me, to the tune of the Banana Boat song:

Diiiiiiiiiio, Mo Sadio
Bobby’s on and we gonna score goals

AOC, Origi, Taki Minamino
Bobby’s on and we gonna score goals

I’ll get mycoat

Sad Boy Meets World GIF

3 Likes

It’s nice to see these comments because I’m pretty sure some on Twitter wanted him shot after the Wolves game :rofl:

1 Like

I know. It gets stuck in your head, doesn’t it?

Diiiiiiiiiio!

:wink:

Get two in case you lose the first one :stuck_out_tongue:

I feel like the old Kolo song would work well here

Jota x6
Diogo Jota!