Donate to The Anfield Noise

The Anfield Noise is run by fans for fans.

Our objective is simply to have a great place for fans to discuss Liverpool FC and football. Nothing more or less. We are all volunteers, who have teamed up to bring you this site. We make no money, we have no adverts, we do not sell you information, we don’t have any membership fees.

At our own expense, we have created this place, to create a community. Simply because we love talking about football.

Our objective is to stay the same way heading forward. As we continue to grow we hope the site will be able to self-sustain with donations from the community to help keep the lights on.

1 Like

How do we donate? I’d like to say thanks to the mods who saved us merry band of miscreants and led us to this new island.

2 Likes

We are still working that out. With the timetable involved, we agreed to pass the hat among ourselves and put the financial side down the list of considerations for post-transition.

4 Likes

Right on. Count me in for the fundraiser when it gets sorted out.

5 Likes

I was paying for an ad-free forum on TIA, I have no problem to do it here too. Just think it would be more interesting to make a yearly donation than paying £ 1 a month on my CC, the CC cost will make it uninteresting for your guys I think.

Let me know how I can help.

3 Likes

Same here please let me know the chosen method shame it is not an App on my apple it would be quick because I don’t like much Paypal it is not the safest I. Got Phished several times because their servers get hacked regularly

1 Like

I was happy to donate on TIA and will do so here if you just let me know how.

5 Likes

Loads of ways of doing it. If it were me… I’d setup a youtube channel with guests that we can all superchat to. But you’re going to need a business and a bank account and and and and.

Happy to chip in, just need the button.

Just have @Scott.Jones swearing at people and threatening to come round if they don’t contribute.

4 Likes

Yeah sorry lads, still figuring out the best way. Open to advice (never even thought of Youtube). Please PM me any suggestions.

Been a bit more difficult than anticipated because of a combination of privacy, not being in the UK/US and not being a business.

2 Likes

That’s your problem. You could setup a personal paypal account and do as you wish with the funds but I’d be tempted to set a company up, get a bank account then get a payment gateway. Best solution long term I suspect, particularly if the forum goes well. As for youtube, I did mention it a mew times to Matt but he didn’t seem to be keen. We could have a riot on it if for no other purpose than enjoyment. If you want a presenter, just ask :wink: I swear less than @Scott.Jones

3 Likes

We use iZettle and Sumup at the shop. Both excellent solutions. If you set it up to a personal account though, your bank will soon say “Are you running a business through your personal account?”

Do it once, do it properly, do it right.

1 Like

I don’t really know what I’m talking about as usual , but what about Patreon?

So, this is where the Alcantara money came from!!!

2 Likes

I am perhaps a bit nieve but I don’t see it as a business. There are no intention to make money. In my simplistic perspective I see it more of a labour of love, friends chipping in for a community.

Two weeks ago we didn’t even know if we would have 30 people. :rofl:. I anticipated losing many to Rawk, Est1892 and others. The admins likely covering any shortfall between us.

It’s why transparency moving forward was something I was keen on (why not simply implemented PayPal button). Looked at Patreon but from memory it was not designed for one off payments (subscription orientatied).

3 Likes

That sounds absolutely fucking boring.

7 Likes

I said less, not that I was a vicar!

1 Like

I could do an absolutely shocking German accent in rant ping pong with @Scott.Jones !

1 Like

Happy to donate and thanks for the work, just let us know how when you have it figured

1 Like

That’s a brilliant suggestion, not sure why nobody’s proposed that before. :thinking:

1 Like