Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Poch is no slouch and was one of the better managers during his time in the PL. But this Chelsea is no slouch either when it comes to screwing things up. So it will come to whoever is slouchier to determine whether he will be a success or not.

I dont know about that. One of the narratives about his relative failure at PSG is that when the egos didn’t respond to him he didnt have much idea how to play it, became very passive and was like a hollow version of the guy who had previously been so effective. With that said, I dont think that is really the problem at chelsea and there are a few of the older better known players who historically have been known as good pros willing to do the difficult bits who could be good field generals for him.

The issue for any manager coming in is getting the squad down to a manageable number while developing some form of balance they currently dont have. A manager who is out of work and can get to work working through that ASAP is the right choice. If Chelsea have the room to buy again this summer, which isnt guaranteed, and can somehow swing a deal for someone like Osimhen to fill the glaring gap up front this side had, then they do have the basis of a side that can be very good with a bit of focus from someone like Poch

3 Likes

But hes still better suited than Potter no? I certainly didnt mean to suggest he is the best for the job (not that ive given it much thought)

Agree with you re. His failures at PSG. Failure is to be learnt from though and he seems a relatively smart fella.

I think the main advantage he has over Potter is time to think through how to deal with the mess the player acquisition side of the group created. Potter had to deal with it in real time, and an ever evolving situation of more and more players coming in. Poch also get the opportunity for them to finally address the lack of striker that has undermined 3 managers in a row.

I dont know there were too many lessons for him to learn from PSG. Like Klopp is not a good fit for egos who think they are above the collective, so too is the approach to football that Poch values. With age there might be an acceptance of how you incorporate one special player, but I think the bigger lesson for Poch is to choose his jobs better. Chelsea is a mess at the moment, but its the sort of mess that someone with a clear vision and a mandate to do the job will likely be well suited for.

1 Like

Hopefully a statement of intent in the last 3 games of the season from this shower now they know which manager they’ll be trying to impress.

7 Likes

Pochettino going from building a reall fun and competitive Tottenham side to becoming just another coach chasing high profile jobs is a little bit depressing.

We are used to the managerial carousel at the bottom of the league but we also have it at the top with the same managers hopping in to do a year or two then fucking off - Conte, Ancelotti, Tuchel, Mourinho…

Pochettino’s squad building at Spurs would be good for the league but we aren’t getting that from him at Chelsea. Just another crap pit stop.

4 Likes

Pochettino is overrated. Seriously.

He will last half a season at Chelsea.

2 Likes

:joy:

Amazing quality, creativity, incredible.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/MC_of_A/status/1661101529749659649?s=20

1 Like

Wow! This guy is a lunatic!

2 Likes

Why does it look like he’s about to have an erection through his belly?

They’ve replaced Woodward and the Glazers for transfer window fun.

Unfortunately-placed belt-end (or bellend if you prefer) :rofl:

:0)

1 Like

I feel we’ve learnt something mind.

2 Likes

Nah; we always knew he was crap.

1 Like

I always wondered what would happen if you appointed someone who’s best management spell was on FIFA so now I know.

Hard for him to learn anything when he already knows it all… :0)

I’ve been trying to remember what movie it was I remember this line from… You’ve ended a week’s agony!

1 Like