Daft Prick Boehly‘s Blue Billion Pound Plastic Bottlejobs

Future Engerlund manager, guaranteed

Not ones I’d suggest have done much away from Barca.

to continue the tradition of winning nothing since 1966*

*The 1997 Le Tournoi doesn’t count.

Add Deschamps to this. Top defensive midfielder, and also a top coach, at least for the national side.

It seems that top defensive midfielders have a better chance to make a career as a top coach than say, strikers. ZZ is a bit of an exception, but he hasn’t yet replicated his Real Madrid successes with another club.

3 Likes

Apparently they mocked Leeds, because Leeds mocked them when they beat them earlier in the season.

Like Chelsea should mock anyone, let alone wait 9 months.

Simone and Inzagi are doing a decent job as managers.

2 Likes

Unless he gets promoted with a team from the Championship Lampard should never get a job in the PL again.

Thank god outside of Liverpool he is well respected and some clubs will still appoint him :joy:

1 Like

44 points this season. 44.

The last time they had less than that, 42, was in 1988.

2 Likes

These ex players seem to me to be in too much of a hurry to get to the top in management.It’s almost like they think they are entitled to be managing at a big team because they played for a big team.

6 Likes

Which makes sense when you consider what defines success in those positions. A great striker can be great despite being completely selfish as a player, scarcely even being aware that the team may have been set up to utilize his strengths. A great defensive midfielder needs a very high awareness of what the rest of the team is doing, where there is dangerous space available, when the right time to gamble is, etc. Much more in common with what a good manager is.

2 Likes

Is there any top goalkeeper, or just good one for that matter, who went on to become a great manager?

Dino Zoff managed Italy after he retired, but it’s so long ago I can’t remember what his record was like as a manager.

2 Likes

Shilton had a good spell in the lower leagues for a while, at Plymouth I think.

1 Like

Rather old article but Mike Walker who nearly relegated Everton if I remember.

He would have been a legend if he had done :wink: There is one Champions Cup winner mind.

1 Like

Be nice for a fanbase to be tempered and say let’s see what happens.

I bet I’ll still be waiting on that.

Criticism from the likes of Sutton for Pochettino not talking over weeks ago is just incoherent. Why on earth would he want to do that? What possible gain would there be? Their season was an unsalvageable disaster a month ago, why pour a resource like time and credibility into that hole?

3 Likes

My prediction is he’ll be given £300m to spend over the summer, won’t make top 4 and then sacked before the end of the season.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/alistaircoleman/status/1663159392659812352?s=20

2 Likes

Looks like they will get Ugarte.