England National Team

As usual.

Ireland are pretty poor

I think the response is genuinely silly. Sometimes there are complex feelings involved in situations like this, but Ireland (like Wales) make a point of trying to recruit players from elsewhere who qualify to play for them. They obtain a good number of important players from this approach and cannot reasonably complain if some of those players ultimately choose to play for their actual home nation.

1 Like

Ireland are shit.

Should have kept money on Rice & Grealish to score

Not a bad goal tbf.

Ireland are awful

I was being more diplomatic

Too early to say it’s coming home?

I actually think England are using the ball better than I have seen them do for a good while. Ireland probably aren’t great, but they’d be looking a lot better than they are now if we moved the ball with the usual pedestrian pace we have come to see form this team

1 Like

Coleman should be booked he is a dick

Ssshhhhhh. Let him kick Grealish as much as he likes. If he wants to put one on Rice later that wouldnt be that much of a problem wither

1 Like

If that’s the case half the England team should be off…

Disclaimer: not watching the game.

I think they have to move on from the situation. From the Irish fan’s perspective is, Declan used Ireland to improve his chances to get a place for the England and the 3 caps he played for Ireland denied 3 caps for a player who could have been in the Ireland team. I think a few Irish presenters are saying, they need to move with the Declan’s switch to England.
I am not sure why Geealish is getting grief from the Irish fans though.

1 Like

Blatant penalty

Has Kelleher been at fault for either of the goals by the way?

No

Nope.

Did a good save before the first goal. Defense let him down bigtime by not getting to the ball first.

Nothing that can be done for the follow up assist from Gordon and then the second goal.

1 Like

If you want a marker of the personnel issues that have hurt what is often described as a great generation of players, Pickford is now on course to become England’s second highest capped goalie behind only Shilts.

To think he will have won more caps than Seaman, than Clem, than Banks, and done so without ever having had a serious challenge should make english football do a root and branch evaluation with whatever we’re doing in development of keepers in this country.

4 Likes

Actually apart from Prickford and maybe Grealish, most aren’t players that have egos or are dicks, Gordon another maybe

Ramsdale and Pope aren’t great keepers but they should be starting over Trexford

2 Likes

Nations league games are just basically littered with training sessions.