England National Team

Trent pass opening em up again for the 2nd goal

3 Likes

Far better style of footy from England under Carsley, Finland have defended well keeping a good shape but quality has shown through

1 Like

Thats why heā€™s allowed to play you Don have to defend against teams like Ireland and Finland :kissing_heart:

1 Like

Just woke upā€¦ Kane apparently scored

1 Like

Was it the fireworks that woke you up?

Or tte confetti?

1 Like

Quite like the look of Angel Gomez

1 Like

I was going to ask how he played. I have liked the look of him the few times Iā€™ve seen him play since he left Utd and has always looked a far better player than youā€™d think for someone who got so little opportunity there. Especially as he is now playing a role they have been desperate for someone to play since Carrick slowed down (got even slower).

2 Likes

Giving Modric vibes, defensively very good at anticipating passes before they happen and very good at keeping possession in tight spaces. Intelligent with his pressing as well

If Madueke isnā€™t so utterly one footed, England win this 4-0. If Eze can finish decisively instead of just worlds then probably 6-0.

Obviously big shoes to fill with a comparison like that but it seems in the right direction at least. I read a piece about him a couple of weeks ago where he spoke about the number of different roles heā€™s had and how he doesnā€™t care. Ultimately he said heā€™s sees his job is to just go and find the ball and give it someone who can do something productive with it, and to him he doesnā€™t see much difference is heā€™s being asked to do it as a 10 or a 6. Which is a very Italian way of thinking about playing in midfield.

3 Likes

I love the fact that you are so well-read on every subject. I do, however, have one easy (and itā€™s probably an insult to your intelligence) question:
Do you ever sleep

2 Likes

Yes looked good, but we have Nyoni :grin: who is going to be better, and he has scored 2 goals with England under 18ā€™s and looks way above that level

1 Like

Not as much as I would like. For the past 6 years I have had half my team in Singapore. That requires weird working hours and its worked its way into fucking up my sleeping habits and that is only getting worse the close I get to 50.

Another year and Iā€™ll be looking like (a more handsome version of) Trossard.

9 Likes

Whippersnapper.

2 Likes

7 Likes

You are Kylian MbappƩ and I claim my five pounds.

1 Like

https://x.com/DeadlineDayLive/status/1834171344209969322

5 Likes

:joy:

Incredible really.

Seriously whatā€™s he got on the football world that is so incriminating?

3 Likes

It all makes sense now! Frankā€™s sudden weight loss. Heā€™s been on a protein-only diet. Heā€™s been fellating the entire FA board!

1 Like