England National Team

Well no Moyes never actually even got near to winning did he.

Southgate could have won two tournaments he probably should have beaten Italy at Wembley.

Could have, should have.

He won fuck all.

1 Like

“The gung-ho approach might work on the PlayStation. There are fewer guarantees at international level.”

Oh dear

1 Like

He sounds half Nigerian, half Greek.

Didn’t see the game. England usually only captures my interest at tourney time, beyond that it’s an unwelcome disruption to the proper season.

I saw the score - what a joke, and then I looked at the team. How many cooks do we want in the kitchen?

Definitely some very good players, but cramming them all in apparently made a team that is much less than the sum of its parts. I say apparently as I didn’t see the game.

It needs a leader who is willing to chop some very good players in order to make a team.

2 Likes

He did more than 90% of the other numpties.

I don’t rate him but he did more than 8th place Moyes over his tenure.

Is Tsimikas injured? I don’t see him listed in the Greece squad.

Very much like the 00s where you go “let’s play all these”.

“How do they fit?”

“Oh I dunno”

I agree with you there. But he didn’t actually win anything.

He is ill.

2 Likes

Spursy England

It was a weird game. In some ways, it was reminiscent of our loss to Forest.

Greece were emotionally charged and played their best game in at least a decade. They also have a new manager, who is a class above the previous incumbents.

England started with what can only be described as an experimental team. Carsley made himself no favours with his approach, but I wouldn’t dismiss his chances altogether; at least he’s trying to take advantage of the wealth of the talent at his disposal.

1 Like

Oops :rofl:

1 Like

Ha Ha…

https://x.com/PurelyFootball/status/1844652016406028743

For me Foden needs dropping he just doesn’t work in the England setup, doesn’t score and not assisting.

Also Rice was poor in the 6, Angel Gomez dropped after having a good game in the last match, so the so called names get in, rather than pick a functioning team.

Also both full backs were too far inside when the space was in the wide areas and made us too open in the transition.

2 Likes

God, journalists are such fucking scum.

I would dismiss his chances.

Don’t forget this is the numpty who played Gomez who got injured and then decided to play him again further injuring him.

Fucking clueless and for all Southgate gets thrown at him he is miles below him.

I dismissed his chances as soon as he refused to sing the anthem, because the English Media is basic.

1 Like

In 2015? I hadn’t put two and two together. Fuck him if that’s the case.

Carsley?

I just did a quick look, he was at Brentford when Gomez got that injury in 2015. That was with England U21s, guess who was the manager then?

The 2018 injury was with the full England team while Carsley was unemployed, guess who was the manager then?

2 Likes