Euro 2020 Archive Thread

Missed Italy?

I don’t like de Boer but this is a surprising good start to this tournament

1 Like

Cheers mate.

1 Like

Yeah, prior to the ball that was curled in, they erred, yes. I was merely talking about how the defender was placed when the ball was curled in and Defries won in the air and keeper failed to save.

I think he means the most entertaining :slight_smile: But yeah, agree with you, Italy so far with the best display.

I am impressed by the Netherlands though, so congrats to you guys !

2 Likes

Brazil vs. Venezuela anyone :wink:

1 Like

Except for de Ligt and de Jong, they are made from rappers, would-be and a soon to be convicted criminal. This is not my Dutch National team for sure. I go for Portugal.

1 Like

Love you Gini. Class.

Really entertaining match.

3 Likes

Ironic that the Ukrainian keeper was the best player on the pitch in the first half but cost them the game in the end.

A real game of two halves for him.

6 Likes

Your best players are from Suriname I reckon.

Cardinal error from the Ukranian GK for the last goal.

2 Likes

Game over, 3-2.

I usually like the Oranje, but I don’t think that they will go very far in this tournament: a good attack, yes, but… their defence looks weak and they look disjointed at times. It’s a bit like lower league ‘total football’, without any kind of defensive stability. Any stronger team will expose them ruthlessly I think.

Kudos to the Ukrainians for making a game out of this, despite of their obvious limitations. A very entertaining game for a neutral.

6 Likes

The dutch defense still looks dicey(Understandable since their top 2 defenders in VVD and MDL are out) and there was way too much gap in the center of the midfield and a more high pressing team than the ukranians would have made the dutch pay.

Still wish De Boer would go for a 4 man defense.

2 Likes

Don’t even have to switch channels here. Staying with TSN1. Now it’s the national anthem.

2 Likes

Agreed @Hope.in.your.heart and @Sithbare.

That was REALLY chaotic all over the pitch.

EDIT: also Stekelenberg does not at all look comfortable or decisive. Nothing he could have done on Yarmo’s goal, it was a worldie, but I thought overall he looked uncomfortable.

2 Likes

Don’t think you guys should put the main blame on the keeper, the Ukrainian defensive formation was horrible and chaotic. But keeper fucked up and was penalised, no doubt.

1 Like

Gini! :grinning:

Gini :disappointed:

2 Likes

on point. Gini offers that option of stability as a defensive midfielder but he’s not used as that by his country. If Netherlands have to progress , they’ve probably look to Gini to be playing his liverpool avatar and him more as a ball winner and not as a goal scorer.

2 Likes

Both teams, lol. But still, one team was overall much superior to the other. Netherlands offensively brilliant at times.

But defensively, aye, you don’t get to the semi finals with such defensive organisation (unless very lucky).

1 Like

My favorite dutch rapper.

1 Like