Euro 2020 Archive Thread

It’s coming home, isn’t it???

1 Like

To be honest … I’m not a betting man but if I were I would put my money on Italy.

Anyhow, best of luck England.

1 Like

I’ve changed the thread title. The ‘It’s coming home’ phrase is quite unsavoury, and to be honest, disrespectful to all other nations who play football as well.

It’s the same kind of mentality as the whistling of other nations’ anthems, which I fully expect to see happening again this Sunday.

10 Likes

For what it’s worth, this is how I see it playing out. Italy will be fully aware of the ineptitude of our tiny-armed keeper and will have their players throwing themselves all over the place near our box to get as many free kicks as possible. A combination of their antics and our little T-Rex should be enough for them to win it. You’re welcome.

5 Likes

First of all, I don’t think moderators should interfere in topic titles as long it is not racist or something like that, and second: do you know the lyrics of that song because it takes the piss out of England and has nothing to do with being disrespectful to all other nations.

3 Likes

It really isn’t, not even close.

5 Likes
4 Likes

I expect this to be an excruciating football game, to very well matched teams and I imagine both will be focused on not loosing rather than wining. Fingers crossed Englands depth will make the difference.

2-0 England, both goals coming late in the second half.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot

FIFY (10 go home)

Find it genuinely a bit weird how people all of a sudden seem so desperate to be offended by the booing of a national anthem, but it’s even weirder how a line in a 25 year old song of which the meaning has been explained countless times over the years is suddenly such a contentious issue.

5 Likes

England 3 - 0 Italy @33-1

After all the glory and simple dominance that Liverpool have enjoyed recently, I hoping that by 70 minutes on Sunday night I’m drinking crazy cocktails and dancing like a loon not sat on the edge of a chair a gibbering fool shouting at Harry Kane.

3 Likes

At least that is miles better than shouting like Pickford! :wink:

Yeah I think I’m probably done on this forum. It’s all turned a bit pathetic really.

Why are England fans not allowed to enjoy being in a major final for the first time since 1966?

There’s an atmosphere on here and in life in general that you have to agree with everything and everyone that is considered PC. Example, if you voted for brexit, it means your an insular little Englander. You couldn’t possibly have voted that way because of other reasons.

You can’t disagree because otherwise you’re a bigot or a hater. I can disagree with someone’s lifestyle choices, doesn’t mean I hate them or would discriminate against them. That is possible.

Anyways, thanks everyone, take care.

4 Likes

We’re not creative enough. We’re not positive enough
we’ll go on getting bad results.

It’s a song based on the acceptance that England have not been at the top table for decades, yet a group of grown men still watch with childlike excitement of something good happening.

2 Likes

Don’t understand your point

1 Like

I was reiterating your point.

This pretty much sums up the national mood for me, it also makes me very emotional.

https://youtu.be/qPPhyO56yjo

1 Like

Ah, thanks for explaining somethime I react to quickly instead of reading what someone wrote properly. :smiley:

1 Like

Dead wrong. I’ve been happy to be a BREXIT voter and keenly support England AND vote Tory. Some people don’t like it but thankfully there is still such a thing as free speech and this forum is a bastion of it.

This isn’t RAWK but I accept that my views on a Liverpool forum run people up the wrong day. Because I’ve been posting for years though, nobody can accuse me of being a WUM.

2 Likes