Euro 2020 Archive Thread

ITV hub is awful, stops working and you need to go through about 15 adverts again to watch.

1 Like

And you pay for that ?

No but considering I’ve already gone through 15 adverts when originally.

BBC iplayer meanwhile hasn’t crashed once

2 Likes

I’d rather pay the equivalent of 2.2 pounds for no ads for the entire tourney. Hail the third world

3 Likes

Do you watch it on SONY TEN?

sonyliv. stopped cable

It really is terrible, makes me miss the dodgy streams

I agree. As you say, once you get through the interminable adverts you are provided with a buggy low quality display that constantly buffers and/or stops completely. To top it all, last night’s commentary was truly awful with the female equivalent of Danny Dyer droning on at every opportunity. I gave up in the end and watched this and France-Switzerland on a Russian stream (with a much better quality picture).

What a way to go out!

Battle of poor defending indeed.

I didn’t expect Croatia to go through here, but I didn’t expect a game like that either.

First big part of the game it was all Spain. There can be Spain with 60-70% of the ball when they’re not really dangerous and then there’s Spain with 60-70% of the ball when they play well, arrive in behind, create and then it’s only a matter of time before they score. It was the latter. When they play well, they can simply make you feel like you’re not even part of the game. It just passes you by. Gaya should’ve taken his chance with his head, Koke should’ve attacked that chance/ball much better and Morata’s header was a poor one. 3 clear chances.

Simon’s brainfart was reminiscent of Paul Robinson in Zagreb, though that was even more hilarious.

Croatia were a bit too deep, but still allowed chances, which obviously proves that something didn’t work. Not compact enough and not active enough in defending that deeper block.

Croatia’s reaction at 1-3 was good, they had that little wild spell which got them back level, but from Spain’s perspective you have to ask some questions how did they allow that also. They should’ve controlled the game much better being 3-1 up. We’ll see how far they go. Finishing is quite a problem and they can be caught in transitions.

Croatia are conceding a lot of the same goals and for a good few years now, it was even evident in Russia when they reached the final. Set-pieces, long balls, crosses, second balls, mess inside the box, you name it. Pretty disappointing that I haven’t seen any improvement in that aspect of their game in 3 years.

Kramaric’s chance with his left foot straight at the keeper was our big moment to maybe make it 4-3 for us and maybe win the game. I’m not sure if they would’ve been able to keep that lead, especially having a very offensive XI on the pitch at the time and just being a too open game.

In the end, result wise, getting past the group stages to the R16 is a realistic end for Croatia.
Performance wise, nah, it wasn’t good enough this time. Only a solid part of the game against Scotland and a short part against Spain was good. The rest was crap. Remains to be seen now if Dalic stays in charge for WC22 or gets replaced immediately.

1 Like

Thought I’d start this and group it together

3 Likes

Neco starts, presumably at LWB.

1 Like

Good luck Wales!

3 Likes

Rushie is in the crowd watching Wales match. :heart: :+1:

2 Likes

I can see two tame draws, hope I’m wrong. :crossed_fingers:

Come on Wales!!!

1 Like

Italy have not conceded a goal in the last 10 games, 29 games unbeaten.

That should be 29, Livvy. :wink:

1 Like

Omg! I love the Azzurri shirt, it is beautiful. I want to buy one. :heart_eyes:

Thanks, I had a typo. :relaxed:

I got the strange message again that someone is already editing my post. So weird

Neco playing left wing back?