Euro 2024 - Reiseziel Deutschland

https://twitter.com/BBCchrismclaug/status/1790080602701512740

1 Like

They’ll have a nice holiday anyway.

1 Like

Kante back with France.

:heart_eyes:

Jones and Quansah are expected to be named in provisional England squad.
No Hendo.

1 Like

Robertson and Doak both named in the provisional Scotland squad.

Robbo is dead cert barring injury, but I would be surprised if Doak goes.

1 Like

Seeing that Doak hasn’t played since December, it would come as a surprise to see him on the plane.

2 Likes

Alternatively, Scotland are shit so why not

In view of these remarks by Steve Clarke, I think Doak will be seeing some off the bench minutes in Germany.
“Ben has a lot of talent, he catches your eye,” said Clarke. "Pace is something we haven’t got in abundance. He’s something a little bit different.

"I’ve never had the chance to work closely with Ben. It just seemed like the right opportunity to put him in, with the squad going up to 26 from 23.

“We’ll have a look at Ben and see how he does.”

3 Likes

It’s not a shock.

In these situations with 26 (I hoped it would remain or go back to 23, that’s a very cheap gift by the football authorities to the coaching staffs to “counter fatigue”), in a lack of serious senior competition, you look at some of your top talents.

I only wish he’s fit on paper when they start preparation and the tournament.

Yep, you don’t need a squad of 26 players. If you’re using your last 6 spots for players you think you’re going to need then you fucked up your first 20 picks. If you have some inexperienced but high potential players use those picks for them and see what happens once you get them training with the main squad. For tournament football they only need to find a couple of weeks of form

Cycled past the BT today. Getting ready for the ‘Fanmeile’.

Not sure what’s happening at the Reichstag, but it’s a huge building site.

3 Likes

I bought myself a wall chart this afternoon. With having so little responsibility at work right now I am going to try to enjoy this one like I haven’t done with a summer tournament since probably 2002.

4 Likes

Yeah, it’s weird, I usually hate international football, but I’m looking forward to this. I think it’s the idea of watching matches with absolutely no emotional involvement. After the last few seasons it will be fun I think.
As long as there’s not too much jingoism it could be quite relaxing. Main hope is that none of our players get injured.

2 Likes

I will miss the Euro (and the Copa) this summer. Office sucks :sob:

Won’t the matches be in the middle of the night there Ifti?

2 Likes

Copa games will be early morning. Euro games will be spread between evening and midnight. I will be at office or on the road during the evening games.

1 Like

Yeah they were starting to put stuff on the Wednesday. Glad I avoided.

1 Like

5 Likes

Fashion Thread :point_right:t4:

Nicely done tbf

1 Like