Euro 2024 - Reiseziel Deutschland

I’d knock Pickform out if he would scream at me the way he does at his teammates. Who does he think he is?

2 Likes

Good job you never met Les Sealey.

1 Like

Schmeical, a smaller version

England hhave no tactical plan to win the ball back apart from dropping everyone back to the edge of the box

It’s once again weird to see an team with as much quality as England restrict themselves to be a counter-attacking team.

They are always so far away from the opposition goal.

2 Likes

Even if you didnt know the context the appropriate response to this would be “yes”.

1 Like

There is no press we are so passive defensively

A counter attacking team with no pace in the attack and players who only want to come back towards the ball.

3 Likes

All this booing is really going on my nerves

2 Likes

https://x.com/2024_euro73379/status/1803832349060403245

2 Likes

Kane at times is defending close to our box when they have 3 defender on the halfway line, then when we do win it there is no outlet

Probably a lot of Evertonians made the trip.
It’s their only chance of going to Europe.

3 Likes

Shocking tactics from England. Get Kane off if he’s not prepared to press and lead the line

1 Like

Took until near the end of the half when Foden abandoned his chalk on boot useless rigid position and disrupted the centre of the pitch. Also Trent stopped standing next to Rice and moved wider when in possession. Southgate as usual is too rigid. He’ll probably get Conor Gallagher to replace Trent in the first change.

2 Likes

They’re goin’ home…

They’re goin’…

England’s goin’ home…

4 Likes

There is no press at all we just drop deep and hope to win it on the edge of the box

It’s a team that is build to possess the ball and play in the opposition half, but they refuse to play that way. If we’re going to sit so deep then you cannot play Foden on the LW and have someone so plodding as Kane up top, who when he comes deep needs the wide forwards to run beyond him.

If we want to play like this you have to get Gordon or Eze on the left, and consider Watkins for Kane

1 Like

As mediocre a manager as Southgate is, this setup and tactics are overly negative even for him.

Physically, England look like they are done for.

1 Like

One can only hope Manure go on and get Gareth Southgate as manager lol…

2 Likes

Hence why they are always so far away from everything. Just seems like it’s either Walker gets down the right hand side or nothing happens.

Saka and Foden should be getting beyond Kane, who always drops deep even though he shouldn’t. Southgate wants Saka to be a traditional winger for some reason.

Southgate being outcoached for the second game of the tournament. He’s very lucky to be coaching the most complete squad England have had in a long time and that the people who assess his performance don’t know what they are looking at.

I would push Trent further forward, let Rice sit as the 6 and give the midfield pair of Trent and Bellingham to license to go and push the tempo. Right now sitting him so deep is asking Denmark to press, which they and Serbia the other day both managed to do, and allowing them lots of time and space to operate when they win it back.

I think the players out there want to just go and dominate the game, it’s the management that is scared stiff.

4 Likes