Eurovision Thread

Ricky Tomlinson…

https://twitter.com/frankcottrell_b/status/1655480425727373318/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1655480425727373318|twgr^3a6ef4673e5b64c59af67ee8a62e601099c33708|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.liverpoolecho.co.uk%2Fwhats-on%2Fwhats-on-news%2Feurovision-2023-ricky-tomlinsons-emotional-26874753

2 Likes

Well it’s the first semifinal tonight and I expect that a fair few people will be saying that it’s rigged and the whole thing is political anyway. That’s why I’m leaving City and Madrid to their own devices.

Anyone fancy watching a daft song contest instead?

1 Like

Wow, wtf Ireland?

I guess you REALLY don’t want to win.

1 Like

The Croatian entry was sort of what Monty Python doing the Hokey Cokey would have sounded like.

1 Like

G’wann Loreeen!!!

Bit like a Bond soundtrack.

1 Like

Azerbaijan’s Jedward :0)

They sound like they’re from west London.

Not bad chaps.

Not impressed with Sweden considering it’s the favourite

Lets go Dutch!!!

Smashing it up there…both has great voices.

1 Like

Definitely like that Czechia one. Usually the kiss of death if it appeals to me.

The song wasn’t too bad, but I hate when they do TikTok dances in these things. Just makes it seem too basic

Netherlands be looking like Billy and Will Byers from Stranger Things :crazy_face:

What’s with that guy’s Hi-Viz… :0)

1 Like

The Finnish one? He definitely won the audience.

1 Like

Well, wasn’t really impressed with any of them. Might give Serbia a re-listen on youtube to see if it sounds better than live.

Best thing about the show was the Ukranian presenter. She was very much my type.

1 Like

I thought all the sound mix was a bit off. Not sure if that’s because the German sound engineers or whether it was the original broadcast.

Might see if I can get the BBC on Thursday.

Surely Netherlands get through??

Going to be annoying if the next semi final is full of bangers which don’t get through while so much shite has gone through this from this one.

1 Like

Next semi is 10 from 16 songs. I can’t imagine that much quality has slipped the net.

I recorded tonight’s semi final. Fast forwarding through some of the songs, they’re so bad.
Heading into the city tomorrow, to sample the atmosphere and have a few beers. We won’t see this in Liverpool again.

2 Likes