Ex-player: Alex OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN

I’m not, others are but the summary on Davies would be did he play a single minute, no so was there a point? No so was he pointless? Yes unless you include the cash we made.

Id rather concentrate on our players currently, Davies isn’t.

It’s become very fashionable to take every opportunity to put the boot into Ox and Keita. There is a nasty edge to it, and it’s really unpleasant.

Neither Keita or Ox were pointless signings. Keita in particular was one of the hottest properties in Europe at the time we bought him.

They have both been desperately unlucky with injuries.

6 Likes

Liverpool fans: How dare he get injured on the club’s dime? Also Liverpool fans: How dare the club not spend hundreds of millions for transfers?

Spoilt brats on twatter and elsewhere act as if the players are accounting assets and not living beings. Others are even worse and take injuries as a personal affront. Shameful the lot of them.

1 Like

To be fair Ox was a bit of a crock when we bought him.

On the pitch since that Injury v Roma he just hasnt been the same.
Im sure I heard that against Forest he had 1 touch in 14 minutes - a cross that went straight into the keepers arms. OK we can forgive him the cross as rusty but 1 touch in 14 mins is really quite odd.

I think it’s fair to say it as it is but really some comments on our injured players are really bordering on being nasty. If we say we are a people’s club, I think we will not insinuate our players as useless or pointless, that we should dump them etc. There is a difference between saying that we should sell them or not renew their contracts as a matter of fact or opinion but another to say things like they are fucking waste of space. Would we really like it if our family or friends or ourselves being called that by people who supposedly called us part of their club?

3 Likes

Well said, I always want every player, every signing to be a roaring sucess and if I do think a player is limited I still want them wholeheartedly to prove I’m wrong.

I have also a special loathing of supposed supporters having a go at our players because they are the current flavour to have a go at because it is easy to score ‘brownie’ points/likes from other so called fans i.e Joe against Ajax who overall had a good game but some had a go at him for the challenge where it ricocheted off their player to their player out wide wtf

5 Likes

Got a couple of minutes last night too. Hope he starts in the League Cup game. :muscle:

1 Like

Played 90 mins last night. So happy that he is making his way back into the game.

2 Likes

Decent cameo, looked fresh and accurate. Think Klopp said post-match that the plan was for him to start.

Do you mean to start tonight and something changed, or to start on Monday because we liked what we saw?

Tonight. Had a small issue, but was obviously good enough to use him off the bench.

Apparently the same virus Trent had that kept him out so I assume it’s not bad hopefully we screen to avoid it coming too bad.

The pass for Salah’s goal was brilliant, did much else of note including multiple times trying to force the play by running into trouble and losing the ball.

Feels like with far too many players they are trying to prove themselves and it leads to them playing worse. A calm head was needed last night.

1 Like

One of the few positives today. Hope he can continue to do so. Stay healthy. Help us. Help himself to find a very good club in the summer.

3 Likes

Good game, good goal. Keep up the good work.

1 Like

I can’t help but feel this guy should have done everything in his power to transition into a right back… Whether he would have been good enough in that role is another thing, but who knows. Got to be better than him walking amongst the squad like some ghost while dwindling down his last moments at LFC

Is that you Brenda. :grinning:

Doubt he’ll get another start for us.

Watching the u21’s today.