Ex-player: Arthur MELO

Please someone tell me this guy can run and works hard like Gini did.

Melo can run and work hard like Gini did.

3 Likes

Very interesting thread

2 Likes

So was I. I thought his pace would be the difference and heā€™d help us win an elusive PL. Definitely not hyped about Melo and definitely donā€™t think heā€™s helping us to win a (slightly less elusive thanks to 19-20) PL.

His chances of that were rather badly hit before he even arrived, to be fair

2 Likes

https://youtu.be/JwSw6TUi514

3 Likes

I would play him for an hour against Wolves.

2 Likes

4.5m for that on loan for the season? Looks slow and loses the ball readily - is this really what we need in midfield!?

I think we are going to need to rethink the high line and look to play like a Mourinho side for a while until we get out first choice midfield back (or bring in Bellingham in Jan). The club and Klopp really shat the bed with recruitment here.

To be honest, arthur cannot do any worse as this man hasnā€™t played any football in ages!

I think itā€™s a little harsh considering he hasnā€™t played in a while. Even JĆ¼rgen said he wasnā€™t quite match fit.

He was also used on the right side, although I think heā€™s supposed to prefer the left?

4 Likes

He only gave the ball away once. Unless he really dropped off in stoppage time when I even gave up the point of it all.

3 Likes

So, weā€™re judging Melo on a 13 minute appearance. Letā€™s give him a few months at least before writing him off.

9 Likes

Some people just want him to fail because heā€™s not the player they wanted the club to sign.

Backwards mentality.

6 Likes

More than that unfortunately but he gets a free pass from me for now. Too early to judge.

1 Like

I watched every touch he made I jokingly ran a commentary with my friend he lost it once. He may have made a misplaced pass or two but in possession he was disposed once. Though as I said it went off on 90 so I may have missed one.

Certainly not match fit mind

2 Likes

I think it is impossible to make a coherent judgement on a short appearance by a new player in the midst of a train wreck of a match.

6 Likes

He didnā€™t immediately fix all the myriad of problems we had last night, so he is shite.

5 Likes

He stayed central, was available for passes, and kept the ball bar one occasion.

That for me is a huge improvement.

2 Likes

If he plays from the right side he can provide a good cross something that only must come from TAA when Elliott plays

5 Likes