Ex-player: Harry Wilson

Why isn’t he playing for Wales?

He did the other day. Just looks like a line up today more geared to contain and counter

Wilson is proving to be a good signing for Fulham, six goals and seven assists so far. :clap: :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

If Fulham don’t get promoted, or even possibly if they do, I have a sneaky suspicion Gerrard could work really well with Wilson. I think Wilson could get to that kind of level as a regular. Maybe not a star player for them Grealish style. But maybe a player that starts more than he doesn’t and provides good numbers for them.

First and foremost I think they look to get the best out of Buendia before looking at someone like Wilson. Maybe the first step for Wilson would be to prove himself as a Fulham player in the PL.

By which time he’d be out of Aston Villas reach except as MAYBE a star player IF none of the bigger/richer sides are interested!

I think we have much bigger hopes for Wilson here than it was the case so far.

:joy:

1 Like

To be fair to him up till Christmas at Bournemouth he was doing fine. I think they dropped him believing they needed more fight to escape relegation or something. It wasn’t actually down to his performance levels, or at least not the attacking side of his performances at least. I’m not talking star player levels here but 7 goals for a really poor, struggling Bournemouth side in 31 appearances, some off the bench? Nowhere near as bad as was made out. Certainly not worth being benched for nearly half a season. Think only Callum Wilson (was it?) Outscored him for them that year. Just looked 6 goals in 10 starts and 3 sub appearances before December and then 10 starts and 8 subs (including his last 7 appearances there) with only 1 goal. It really went off the rails for him there. Their season was like that though, started off well (he was playing regularly and scoring goals) the lowest they got was 15, highest 6th, most of the time hovering between 7th and 10th. Then it went wrong some how and they dropped like a stone, couldn’t get results to save their lives (Wilson started playing less and less, taking off earlier and earlier then starting from the bench with less and less time). Highest they got was 14th and spent most of their time in 18th or 19th. Didn’t leave it once during that period he was coming off the bench if he played at all. They only got relegated by 1 point with a better goal difference than Villa. If they’d just attacked a little bit more in a couple of those narrow losses at the end, played Wilson a little more, maybe they’d have got that goal they needed to turn one loss into a draw?

1 Like

Two goals, two assists for Harry in the 7-0 win.

Not too shabby, Harry.

4 Likes

That is 3 goals he wasn’t involved in - he’s shite and needs to be sold asap!!

:rofl:

Cracking Up Lol GIF by Rodney Dangerfield

Although he got 2 goals, 2 assists, brought down for the penalty and took the corner that was the key pass before one of the other goals…so wasn’t involved in one of the goals! Shite!

He is doing well at Fulham, and they are heading back to the Prem. Very pleased for him.

5 Likes

Harry Wilson has 19 assists this season, highest in the Championship. :clap:

3 Likes

How many will he get in the Premier League?

Over/under 4.5?

1 Like

I think Wilson will do decently in PL, it’s Solanke who will struggle, I think.

2 Likes

Wilson 7.
Solanke 10.

1 Like

10 atleast. Hes a very good setpiece taker. I will have him and neco on my FPL

:clap:

4 Likes