Ex-player: Naby KEITA

Keita to Elliott…

5 Likes

Now let’s see that on Monday

Hold on, have I just seen Naby running on a football pitch, and hitting a pass towards a team-mate without injuring himself? Have to pinch myself here… :astonished:

Is this the real life?
Is this just fantasy?

Don’t stop there…

Worse, it’s training. The sole purpose of which is to get our hopes up before being cruelly dashed when news of his injury in the warm up hits us.

Naby Keïta is a quality player. He has played a grand total of 6012 mins during his four seasons with Liverpool (by comparison, VVD has played 4620 mins during last season alone). He gave us some memories, but I will hardly miss him.

2 Likes

:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Naby Kewell.

2 Likes

Naby Notwell

Naby Gtfota

Going to be another 20/21 season…only top 4 won’t be as easy given the improvements Arsenal and Spurs are making.

Never selling him now. Gonna have to let his contract run out and get someone else in asap

What you should be doing.

1 Like

Understandably its frustrating for a player that we pay so much for and pin our hopes to be the next generation of our CM but yet out with injuries for most of his time with us. However, I think its quite dreadful to see the sort of anger directed at him. What has he done to deserve the anger? Its not as if he got injured on purpose? In your own environment, what would you think if you have a colleague who is always sick or has to be hospitalized for a long time, would you direct your anger at him or her for that? We sign this lad, we have an obligation to care for him until the day he is no longer part of us. Whether the club signs a replacement for him now or not, thats for the management to decide and its none of Keita’s fault or call. We are all frustrated but there needs to some sense and to be reminded of what our club stands for.

6 Likes

Not to many here would work in an environment where ‘colleagues’ would have 5 year contracts where they would be paid regardless of whether they produce work with any consistency, let alone quality. Sure most would have sick leave but very few could survive five years in a small high performing team which relied upon everyone contributing if they were as unavailable and non performing as Naby.

1 Like

Think you’re underestimating how much the rest of the team is aware that something like that could easily happen to them…

Bro, let’s put it in a singaporean context. If you take MC too often in a company with little contribution to the company, do you think the higher management will not find ways and means to force you out or outright fire you?

Yes but would that be right and ethical? And especially if the employee is not sick on purpose? I had a colleague who was in and out of hospital for cancer treatments, not working for a full year and the company paid his salary and his treatments covered by insurance. Did the company suffer, of course but they did the right thing. For good or for bad, Klopp believes in doing right by the player, by the person. We want to win, Klopp wants to win but this club wants to win in the right way, doing right for their employees and not treating their employees as disposables.

Of course the club need to decide whether to get bodies in for the squad and Keita injury problems should be call as it is but the anger directed at him is as if he is getting injured on purpose. As far as I know, Keita has not disrespected the club in any way, so to see calls for him to get the fuck out is a step too far.

2 Likes

I have replied just above on this and what you said is not wrong and fair but definitely he does not deserve calls for him to get the fuck out, not that you said that but I am against that in general not that we can call out the truth on his injury problems

2 Likes