Ex-player: Roberto FIRMINO

I thought Bobby played in midfield occasionally before we signed him?

He was an attacking midfielder. More of a ten, than an eight.

1 Like

and now he is a nine :blush:

1 Like

Bobby! You teddy beheading bastard!

I have no issue with converting Firmino into a forward facing CM.

I do think we need to be signing 2 but this is easily an option. It should not be as disparage as signing Milner on an extension which of course isn’t a solution for cover.

Solely my opinion but signing three starting CM’s this summer is far more a fantasy than this.

2 Likes

That’s five for the season. Bring on the Bobby renaissance, I say. Turns 31 tomorrow. Go!

4 Likes

Happy Birthday Bobby :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

2 Likes

New contract??

1 Like

When they give them a new contract they go off the boil.

1 Like

Best when he’s written off. :slight_smile:

I’m not writing him off, I love Bobby, I just wouldn’t risk it until at least a couple of others have found some form as well.

Been on his back heavily last few years (ever since we got back from Doha in the CWC in truth), this season he looks back to his best. Been 1 of few bright lights in what’s been a dark season so far.

Finishing has been brilliant & needs to be starting games now
sadly looks like it’ll come at the expense of a forced injury.

You must be very proud of the part you have played in his renaissance.

1 Like

Might be hard for you to believe but I’d rather everyone just performed week in week out, save me and anyone else the trouble of coming on here and constantly bemoaning about it.

Give the pen to Bobby and he will sign.

2 Likes

No look extension signing.

2 Likes

Just when the team needs someone to step up while all else around them cant
 star players out shone him last year and he was knocked back in the pecking order but my god does he still have it all. Has to at least get another years contract. Is probably great to have around the team as well personalty wise. Big goals and assists from Bobby

3 Likes

If he is willing to sign I’d give him 1 or 2 years. I don’t think his all round play would drop off as much as others, last season was plagued with injuries so it is something to consider but the amount of times I’ve seen 1-0 or 2-1 and it’s Firmino on it does highlight that he can poach which until Nunez arrived we didn’t really have.

Some would say Origi but all his goals were pretty good strikes if I remember.

2 Likes

I would like Bobby to stay beyond this season.

But perhaps it depends on how much cash the club believes it needs for the rebuild.

2 Likes