Ex-player: Roberto FIRMINO

So let him take the pen on Sunday. :grinning:

Are we even sure Darren England was there last Sunday, like it might be automated.

No look assists!

2 Likes

Hopefully we’ve held back from an offer to make him step up a little, he was very poor last season.

He’d be an excellent squad member to have but as you say would he accept the pay to go with that…

1 Like

Still hard to beat that one against Genk away.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like
2 Likes

From today’s BBC gossip column:

Liverpool are preparing to open talks on a new contract with Brazil forward Roberto Firmino, 31. (Football Insider)

Excellent.

3 Likes

Misses out on Brazil’s world cup squad. Deserved to go really. Pretty unlucky.

Coutinho also misses out. Not as big a surprise though.

1 Like

It was always going to be a tight/difficult one.

I’m not surprised he’s not there, regardless of his form lately.

1 Like

Feel for him. It may make us feel good and is a positive for us that he’ll be fresh for the rest of the season, but for players it’s a huge thing and he’ll definitely be gutted.

3 Likes

I’m torn. On one hand I feel sad. He is a great player and great personality and not representing his country for the last (possible) time is a bummer. On the other hand, he is crucial for our success and the six-week rest/break will be helpful.

1 Like

I’m happy he’s not going but that Richarlison is? Wow!

Agreed, 100%.

Would you rather be left out or go and not feature at all? I get it might feel disappointing for the next few days but itd be totally pointless not getting off the bench when you’re there, the disappointment lasts much longer.

Brazil have an abundance of attacking quality in that squad.

Don’t think he does particularly well for Brazil I’ve heard

This is world cup and this is Brazil we are talking about. I don’t think anyone would mind just being on the squad and being there if needed.

I wrote that in another thread. It’s a complete travesty imo.

I for one feel sad for Bobby. I won’t watch a minute of the upcoming shit-show, but from his perspective, it must feel like a big disappointment, especially as he has found back his top form this season.

His loss will be their loss as well. Richarlison ffs… :see_no_evil:

4 Likes

Richarlison is pretty much settled in the Brazil team, scored 7 in his last 6 for them. I don’t think Richarlison was ever a doubt, unless he was injured or totally out of form for both club and country.

It was never between Richarlison and Bobby anyway. Rodrygo (or Pedro, who is apparently providing something different, being a target man) was maybe more of a battle for that spot. It will be interesting if Brazil uses Jesus centrally or on the sides, as it was the case for a while. But Rodrygo now often acts as Benzema’s backup centrally.

It was a tight one, it could turn out to be a little mistake, but it’s not shocking really.

1 Like

Wasn’t he an integral part of the squad that won their last Copa America?

1 Like