Ex-player: Sadio MANÉ

anyone else find it suspicious, Sane and Mane competing for a spot? Sane gets under his skin, Mane reacts and gets himself fined. now Sane starts the next match vs City?

Suspicious Weighing Options GIF by Law & Order

2 Likes

They’re not really competing for the same spot. Mane, if he started, would’ve played instead of Coman or Choupo.

Sadio punched his team mate in the face. Lucky that he made the bench.

They’ve suspended him for one game and if they wouldn’t be desperate at the moment I doubt he would have played another game until the end of the season.

Tuchel probably thought Sane would know how to play against the Cheaters defenders better than Sadio

1 Like

Sane started the last match at LW

I think Bayern have moved on from it.

I’m surprised this is such a big talking point. A punch should he dealt with by the club but this stuff happens all the time.

And Sane has a really punchable face.

2 Likes

Someone said Sane had a Jordan ‘T-Rex’ Pickford mask on at the time…

2 Likes

Really hope he isn’t tempted by either of these, especially Man U.
Manchester United and Newcastle United have emerged as the likeliest clubs to sign Bayern Munich and Senegal forward Sadio Mane, 31, following a disappointing debut season in Germany. (Mail)

United absolutely makes no sense, not only for well known reasons (although sometimes you never know), but also with Rashford there and staying.

Newcastle, maybe yeah. If Sadio really wants to go back to England.

1 Like

How would we feel as fans if he comes back to Anfield in a United or Newcastle shirt? Unlikely I think but who knows. Which would hurt most?

I wouldn’t want to see him in a United or City shirt but, aside from that, I don’t really mind. He’s a player I’ve always liked.

I’m just curious as to who will match his current salary. Wasn’t he meant to be getting silly money at Bayern?

not fussed where he ends up.

3 Likes

I think he could easily end up at Newcastle, if they offer him enough money.

2 Likes

Respectfully to Sadio……he is 31. Newcastle can probably go nuts with the chequebook when they qualify for CL. Is he their best option? No way, you drop off pretty quick after 30 particularly when pace is such a strength. They can buy better than Sadio I reckon.

If a player gives us their prime years, then I don’t mind how and where they spend their twilight years. Wouldn’t care if it was at United or Everton. Sadio, and Bobby, are in that bracket. Players like Suarez, Coutinho, and Owen not so much.

3 Likes

There are loads of players who have performed at a high level well into their thirties.

3 Likes

Yes no doubt there are plenty of players doing well into the 30’s….but I’m still right. My point is you drop off particularly pace.

He’s not exactly a Modric type playmaker. He has explosiveness and can skip past defenders with ease and all those great attacking attributes. So his game will have to adapt gradually which I’m sure he can do as he loses half a yard pace. But not enough for a big spender and being at the front of the queue anymore in my opinion.

2 Likes

Pace is a big part of his game and he started losing that while he was with us. He can adapt though, as he’s very strong and that doesn’t go away for a while. But won’t be the same line-breaking player.

He can become an effective midfielder especially with his ball-shielding and retention abilities. But then his passing isn’t the best.